1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Help partition on a SD Card For Android 2.2

1. ravirajpoot

ravirajpoot Member

i have Android 2.2 (lava s12)
    SD CARD CLASS = 4 (8GB) SanDisk Micro SD HC

i want to create 256mb partition in it with PC
    my phone not support CMW Recovery becz its damaged by me after applying Wrong Recovery With Rom Manager

thats why i need tut on PC

what type of partition used For Android 2.2 Ext2 or Ext3 and Is Class 4 Sd Card Good for Partition?

The internal memory is 150Mb. Just reading emails and navigating this memory is getting full in 3 months.
    Erase cache is not a solution because the specific data is retained in the memory and is getting full.
    So the phone is very wrong designed to use Android 2.2.2. The memory is too small for Android. This is a generic problem for small android phones.

Why do I need to mount a partition SD card ? Because I want to use the link2SD software.
    Why do I need the link2SD software? Because this app is moving all the application on the SD card and I can install more apps.

Advertisement
    :
  2. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum Moderator

If I understand you correctly, you've damaged your recovery by using rom manager. This is pretty common for Samsung phones. If you could let us know the exact model, we might be able to help.

I think you are talking about creating an extend partition on an sd card with a symlink to it so you can put all your apps on it, although a class 4 might be a bit too slow. Again there are instructions but specific to phone make and model.

You don't really "need" apps2sd to move apps to the sd card, it only makes it easier.
  3. ravirajpoot

ravirajpoot Member

please guide me how to do it is it safe and how to do it with pc
    because of wrong recovery my phone Volume up+Home+ Lock =
    USB init ept @ 0x76000
    fastboot_init()
    udc_star()
  4. lunatic59

Which phone do you have? Android version is only half the necessary information.
  5. ravirajpoot

ravirajpoot Member

I have Lava s12 android 2.2 (root with Gingerbrek)
    Kernel Version: 2.6.32.9-perf-svn4452 buildsrv@lxdev31
    Build number: LAVA_S12_S008_20110916
    Baseband Version: TFNCKNLYM-6040-197
  6. lunatic59

I have never seen that phone before. I'm afraid I don't know too much about it. Let me put a call out to some others to see if I can find someone to help you.
    ravirajpoot likes this.
  7. ravirajpoot

ravirajpoot Member

8. argedion

argedion The TechnoFrog Moderator

If you have linux you can format the sdcard with ext3 and then use the card for the app. Shouldn't have much to do with your phone but maybe. anyways if you don't have linux you wont be able to do it on a windows machine with standard software you'll need a third party app that can give you partitions besides windows ones. Try Gparted if you don't have a linux installation

also may want to go with a 512 meg partition
  9. ravirajpoot

ravirajpoot Member

please guid me to do it in windows pc. and is android 2.2 support sd partition?
  10. argedion

Gparted is a live cd download that then burn it to disk. Then boot your computer to the live cd. Choose your sdcard partition it format and try it out
    lunatic59 likes this.
  11. ravirajpoot

ravirajpoot Member

just tell me Android 2.2 support partition ext3 or ext2
  12. argedion

Should be both
    ravirajpoot likes this.
  13. ravirajpoot

ravirajpoot Member

thanks to all just created 512mb ext2 partition with minitool partition software for pc. everything working fine installed angrybird 40mb in sd card :)
    lunatic59 and argedion like this.