Help! phone has been acting up.

Last Updated:

1. Davis83

Davis83 Active Member This Topic's Starter

I rooted my dinc back in the summer with unrevoked. Everything was working fine until about maybe a week ago or so. Battery life starting to drain a lot more (battery life is like how it was before i root crap). Also my phone starting to lag a lot. When in viewing a web page scrolling down it is very very choppy. I am using the Virtuous rom and using their stock kernel. I had some help on this matter but still the same. I deleted recent apps i just downloaded and still nothing, still laggy and battery life sucks. I'm not sure if this pic would help out but when you have mhz set all the way on max shouldnt it stay there. My phone is stuck on 245 max and min even tho i have max set on 998. Thanks in advance.

Attached Files:

Advertisement
  2. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

Have you changed your scaling method recently? Might try moving from performance to perhaps conservative or on demand and see if that helps or just disable setCPU if you're running stock speeds anyway.

3. wildtouch83

wildtouch83 Well-Known Member

That is strange. All I can think of is that SetCPU is not identifying your kernel correctly. Since I haven't used SetCPU with my Incredible (only with my old Eris), is there a default profile for the DInc?

4. Davis83

iowabowtech - I'm gonna try out one of the other methods and see if any of those helps out if not i will disable the SetCPU.

wildtouch83 - On the profile menu i jiust had to make one i didn't see a default one. Well i don't think i did, been a while now.

Thanks for the help guys. I will let you guys know how it works out.
    iowabowtech
    iowabowtech

5. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

If you made custom profiles make sure you didn't accidentally set up max and min both to 245 on any of them. Seems unlikely though if you're just noticing the problem now and been running fine for a long time.

Could also go into manage apps and 'clear data' for SetCPU if nothing else works shy of turning off or uninstalling. Then try resetting the values you want and see if they stick this time.

6. Davis83

Update - I got it back to normal now. I cleared the data and it went back to normal, weird how it was that that made everything lag.

Thanks to both of you guys again for the help.