HELP!!! Phone is Bootlooping!!!

1. JediSamReye

JediSamReye Well-Known Member

So my T-mobile s2, froze one day and then shut off and wasnt powering on, I charges it with a samsung wall charger and it started to boot. Then once powered I ran ODIN and installed the gingerbread format and it was sucessful and was powered the whole time. Then once in OS acts normal until I hit the gmail login, it will reboot suddenly at that screen. I then booted into recovery and wiped data and did a factory data reset. Still the same result. Im trying the ICS odin currently, but does anyone has any ideas what it is.

No SD or SIM is present, if that matters

Advertisement
    :
  2. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

Did you get this fixed? Did you get ICS installed ok? Are you using this guide and files with Odin?
  3. JediSamReye

ics doesnt boot loop but its super buggy and I cant get wifi to turn on
  4. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

Do a factory reset and see if that clears it up.

Which ICS did you Odin? 4.0.3 or 4.0.4?
  5. JediSamReye

Factory reset didnt help, its 4.0.3
  6. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

7. JediSamReye

That was the first ODIN I flashed I thought, it had the gingerbread setup screens, maybe I didnt do that one.... I dont know how I would have done that haha
  8. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

Give 4.0.4 a shot. Its smoother and less buggy than 4.0.3. :)
  9. JediSamReye

Thank you, Downloading now! We will see how that goes
  10. JediSamReye

The weirdest thing is even though it was boot looping in the OS, in target mode for ODIN didnt have a single problem with staying on, just a weird thing to point out
  11. JediSamReye

Ok, flashed that odin file, now when it boots, it boots to time/ battery/ not sign. and the pull down works with the toggles. Nothing else, just a black screen. I have also booted into recovery and performed a factroy reset after that. Same thing. Almost like its trying to start the google log in set up, but something has got it stuck
  12. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

Ok, that's strange. Were you rooted before? Running a different radio or anything?

I've Odin'ed all 3 of those files several times and never a problem like that. The 4.0.4 file should be about 416,161 kb. Is that what you have? The .rar file that is.

And you do have the SGH-T989?
  13. JediSamReye

My friend gave me this phone dead, it just needed a charge and this is where Im at, so sorry I dont know if there was any other radios flashed, I dont believe so, he is normally not very adventurist with his phones. Yeah my download is that size also...
  14. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

When you got it and charged it was it acting normal? There is something not right besides the files you're installing. I'm just not sure what it is at this point. It almost sounds like its the wrong rom for the phone but it shouldn't be if its a SGH-T989.
  15. JediSamReye

I have retried the ODIN, different USB port just to be sure. Still same result, I'm currently downloading a ODIN file from galaxys2root the website. Ill keep you posted, thanks so much for the support so far
  16. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

You can try SamMobile. They have all the updates for all the phones. You may have to sign up and login. I can't remember. All the ones for the SGH-T989 are the same ones you have downloaded.
  17. JediSamReye

OK, so that firmware I tried did the dame thing it was 4.0.3 and I had all the issues, I tried the Samsung kies emergency firmware recovery and it put me to 4.0.4 but again booting to that black screen with just the status bar, I'm getting pretty frustrated with this phone
  18. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

Can you do anything with it? Does anything work? If you long press on the screen, can you add widgets or shortcuts? If you tap your menu button do you get another menu screen? Can you see files on your phone hooked to your computer with USB?

Try to find the Play Store.apk and download it to your computer. Copy it to your phone and try to install it. Then try to download another launcher like Apex. See if the screen will show.

Just throwing out some ideas.
  19. JediSamReye

I thank you so much for the ideas!!! There is just the black screen, long presses and soft keys do nothing. Ill re-flash 4.0.4 and see if any of those work, Ill be back within 10 mins or so with results
  20. JediSamReye

OK here's a list
    Volume keys: do nothing unless I have the pull down, down then they are just volume
    Soft keys do nothing but the vibrate feedback
    When I plug in the USB USB storage is an option and it will mount and I can put things on the storage
  21. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

Hi Jedi. I'm not sure where to go with this. Did your friend have any problems like maybe water damage? It seems like more of an electronic problem than an OS problem. Especially after trying 3 different ones.

Unless the phone has a warranty and you can get a new one, something you might try is rooting it. This will give you a different recovery with a few more options. You can also try a custom rom to see if that helps with anything. I'm really not confident that doing either of these will make a difference.
  22. JediSamReye

From everything that I have asked there wasnt any damage liquid or anything, I have just flashed clockwork and I have flashed a new rom, it will start setup like normal but then have a black screen, im trying a flash of gapps as we speak. Wish me luck
  23. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

Since were rootin' and romin' now I'll move this to the All Things Root forum. :)

And since you're rooted with CWM recovery now, try flashing DARKSIDE.CACHE.WIPE in recovery and see if that helps anything.
  24. JediSamReye

flashing the new gapps totally worked, stayed in, seems pretty stable, wifi is acting up and also the phone portion wont activate, so maybe radios? But im seeing there is more then one:

KID ICS Radio-- Kid ICS CLICK HERE

VK1 ICS Radio-- VK1 ICS CLICK HERE

LDE ICS Radio-- LDE ICS CLICK HERE

which should I pick? how do i see
  25. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member