Help Phone is Bricked! Telus Galaxy S2X

1. OranJizz

OranJizz New Member

I think i might have bricked my phone trying to install a non T989 rom. It does not turn on when I press the power button or any other button combos like pressing both volume buttons and power. Any help is vastly appreciated.

Advertisement
    :
  2. Oldschoolwax

Oldschoolwax Well-Known Member

Sorry for basic questions, but have you pulled out the battery? Are you sure the battery is charged/good? Do you have a D/L jig? Again, sorry for such basic Q's but sometimes it's best to start with all the info, otherwise someone here may miss something. =)
  3. OranJizz

OranJizz New Member

Battery seems to be charged, I left it in for all of last night. And it was working earlier before I flashed the rom. I dont have a jig or anything.
  4. Blue1k

Blue1k Well-Known Member

Can you boot into download mode?

POWER OFF. Then HOLD VOLUME DOWN and keep pressing it and then press power. It will boot you into the following screen.

If you can, go to my thread in this section and download the stock telus rom and flash it with odin
  5. OranJizz

OranJizz New Member

Yeah I did try to get into recovery but have been unsuccessful as the power button does not work.
  6. juneywater

juneywater New Member

I HAVE A GUY THAT FIXED MY GALAXY 2 after i bricked it, im so happy he fixed it ended up paying him 76 bucks
  7. xXchrizhurtyXx

xXchrizhurtyXx Well-Known Member

this happened to me too, you can send it into samsung and theyll fix it. Just tell them it wont power on and they'll fix it for you. Just deny any rooting and just say it turned off. This is what they emailed me today!

Attached Files:

8. kkardi

kkardi New Member

any other updates on this issue? I have this problem as well.

Phone won't turn on and won't go into dl/or the other mode.

I'm tempted to email Samsung Canada but I don't know what to tell them besides that my phone doesn't work and no one repairs it any more :(
  9. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

Hi kkardi. Did you flash a wrong rom or how did it get to this point?
  10. katanga

katanga New Member

It worked. I went to SamMobile and got the firmware. GREAT SITE. FINALLY found a site to actually download Odin without crapware and brought the phone back.
    THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU