Help-Phone refuses to connect to any networkSupport

Last Updated:

1. semianonymous

semianonymous Active Member This Topic's Starter

Alright, this one has really gotten me. My G1 (non-rooted, 1.6) is completely unable to connect to any network. Originally, it was completely stuck on airplane mode, now when I attempt to connect to T-Mobile via Network operators, it would be on the registering screen for a good two-three minutes, and then say my sim card doesn't allow this. This is quite strange, especially given that it worked totally fine prior to me turning off the volume so it wouldn't bug me during class. Does anyone have any good and easy fixes for this, or am I going to be stuck wiping my phone :)() EDIT: I just rebooted it for s**ts and giggles, and its totally stuck on airplane mode. I deselect airplane mode, and it just sits there saying its enabling, and doesn't do anything else.

Advertisement
  2. noonehereyet

noonehereyet No One... VIP Member

Tmobile network is down check their site before doing anything crazy.....

3. semianonymous

semianonymous Active Member This Topic's Starter

Bah, it should go with out saying that I had assumed this was a phone problem rather than t-mo themselves. Hopefully thats it.

4. godneps

godneps Member

I'm having a similar problem - since I installed 1.6 (donut) my G1 has developed a habit of disconnecting from tmobile.
    It seems to happen after I've made a call. Annoyingly it goes as far as telling me that it's reconnected but I am unable to send or receive calls or sms.
    I have so far tried a soft reset, hard reset and today obtained a new sim but to no avail. I'll keep you posted!

5. godneps

godneps Member

Update!

The phone only seems to drop signal when I am at home. I have no problems at work or anywhere else. The signal at home was fine previously and my other tmobile phone (PAYG) works fine still.

Weird....