• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Help? Phone Restarts While Applying Root..

ZachTromp

Lurker
Jan 16, 2011
Okay ive read almost everything on this forum about the LG Optimus M, and how to root it and everything else that you all gradually figured out since november.... I downloaded Z4root put it on the root of my SD card, got a file manager installed it.... tried to root and whilst "Applying Root" it went to a white screen almost as if i was trying to open a page in the browser... and then is restarted itself, i assumed it was supposed to.... until i realized it didnt work.... it just keeps restarting everytime i try... i bought the phone about a month ago ... if that... and it says it came with android version 2.2 so i dont think i need to downgrade.... please help.

because the next step is to install "ext2 tools" Via One Click Lag Fix, and when i try to do that it says its Disabled and Root is required to run the fix, and it gives me two options Cancel, or Force Anyway, and if i Force anyway it doesnt work.

And i just checked with a terminal app, PLEASE help.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones