help phone will not go past vibrant screenSupport

Last Updated:

1. ADINIS

ADINIS New Member This Topic's Starter

i don't know if this is posted somewhere else but i am desperate. i have tired looking for an answer in the xda forums but everything i have tired has not worked for me. here is my issue: My phone is stuck on the vibrant scree and nothing happens........ i am trying to use odin to flash back to stock and it is always stuck on "file analysis" i am connected on com4 and i have all samsung drivers, i using the s1_odin_20100512.pit and and the T959UVJFD for the .tar what am i doing wrong why wont odin go past "file analysis.....please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Advertisement
  2. snapper.fishes

snapper.fishes Well-Known Member

T959UVJFD

What's that?

Which firmware version is that meant to be?

3. w_bovine

w_bovine Well-Known Member

About the only thing I can suggest is to keep trying until it works. And truly, I'm not trying to be a jerk by saying that. I've read many posts where people have said something similar and the solution ended up being repeated attempts until it worked.

I tried ODIN for the first time last...Friday I think it was. And darned if it didn't hang the very first time I tried it! I thought I was screwed, having heard that ODIN can be a pain. So, I exited ODIN, unplugged the phone, and tried again. Lo and behold, it worked the next time and took all of 3 minutes to flash back to stock.

Are you using ODIN 1.0 or 1.3? I've heard 1.3 works a bit better especially if you're using Windows 7 64 bit.

4. w_bovine

T959UVJFD is the designation for the stock firmware Vibrant ships with.

5. ADINIS

ADINIS New Member This Topic's Starter

thank you for the reply and here is my outcome:

well i finally got it to work by watching this video on you tube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnY7P14JSWQ

had to pay attention as to how he gets his phone into DOWNLOAD MODE, thats where i was going wrong, and just followed the directions of the video.

my phone is up and running with stock kernel and re-rooted it [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. w_bovine

Ah...download mode. Sorry, I didn't realize you had trouble getting there. Glad to hear you're up and running again.

7. vishalonly

vishalonly New Member

I tried that but in download mode, odin does not recognize com for the phone, help stuck at the vibrant screen after trying to upgrade to ICS

8. samsgun357

samsgun357 Member

Make sure you have correct drivers, try other ports or it may be the USB cable. I have seen this many times and finally after getting an OEM or T-Mobile USB it works.