help!...Phone wont chargeSupport

1. ncosta01

ncosta01 Member

Ok so I've read some threads but no one seems to have the same problem I'm having.

I have a Telus Galaxy Nexus running version 4.1.1 and it doesn't show that it is charging when i plug it in to the charger (I am using the same charger I've always used that came with the phone and tried other cables the have worked in the past) however when the phone is off the charging icon appears and the phone does charge. The problem is that when it turns on its a roll of the dice on how full the battery will be and it doesn't last long.

I have never done a software reset and if someone believes that will solve the issue then a link to a sep by step how to would be greatly appreciated. Ive had the phone since its release over a year ago.

Any help is appreciated

Advertisement
    :
  2. tube517

tube517 Well-Known Member Contributor

Sounds like a bad USB port (since you state you have tried other chargers).

Have you tried other batteries?
  3. mogelijk

mogelijk Well-Known Member

If you haven't tried yet, turn the phone off and completely remove the battery. After letting the phone sit for about 30 seconds, reinstall the battery and turn it back on, then try and let it charge. I had a similar issue a few months ago and taking the battery out fixed it.
    tube517 likes this.
  4. Fuzzy13

Fuzzy13 Well-Known Member

If you dont get it working, then you can go the route of the extra battery + wall charger kit off ebay to charge your battery.
  5. teddyearp

teddyearp A guide with guides Guide

X2