Help... Phone wont start up

Last Updated:

1. miniend

miniend New Member This Topic's Starter

I installed a custom ROM on my Samsung vibrant. after the installation was complete the phone restarted, but it would freeze on "vibrant" and it wont start up. I tried removing the battery and putting it back in. I was able to get the phone back to recovery mode. I can reinstall the same update.zip file, but the phone would still not start up. is there a way to access the phone memory to replace the update.zip file so the phone would work again? Or anything else I can do ?

Advertisement
  2. Craxer

Craxer Active Member

3. w_bovine

w_bovine Well-Known Member

Craxer is likely right on what you'll have to do. What ROM did you install? The ROM's I've seen are not installed with a file named "update.zip." Are you using Clockwork recovery?

If you can get into recovery mode you might try doing a factory reset and see where that takes you. Worst case is you'd have to flash back to stock with Odin.

Get back to stock and do some more reading and ask some more questions before trying to flash a custom ROM again. There's a lot of helpful information to be had if you look for it.