• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help picking phone

Despicable

Lurker
Oct 4, 2010
So its that time of the year contract ends soon and i'm still not sure what phone to get. I was thinking about the dinc after comparing it with the dx. then came along the fascinate but i really hate bing. does anyone know if verizon will release a update to enable google search? and also dinc or fascinate?

For me I decided on the Fascinate due to the battery life and screen quality. Out of the box the fascinate just seemed better. From what I read, the dinc for most users would require the extended battery which makes the phone bulkier. That just wasn't an option for me, I like the overall size and look of the Fascinate, plus I think the 4 inch screen is the perfect size not the 3.7" of the droid incredible and not the 4.3" of the droid x.

I'd recommend checking out the following threads where the Fascinate vs. Incredible is being discussed:

http://androidforums.com/samsung-fascinate/191376-first-smartphone-leaning-towards-fascinate.html

http://androidforums.com/samsung-fascinate/186714-fascinate-vs-incredible.html

As far as the bing yes it's annoying but there are work arounds and/or rooting. I'd suggest searching around on the forum and see what you can dig up.

Good luck deciding but I'd recommend the Fascinate over the incredible.

Upvote 0
They're both good phones, yea, but I have to say, the Incredible's battery is anything but what it's name suggests. You'll be lucky to kick it through half a day most likely unless you've got a couple extra battery tagging along in your back pocket or something.

The Fascinate being bing'd is enough to make me not want to get it.

My personal choice, being if I were on Verizon (I'm on Sprint) and had your position of upgrade, would be the Incredible, if I had to make a choice between those two. I just.... I don't like bing!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones