Help! Please! Anyone!?

Last Updated:

1. k20dan

k20dan New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi everyone,

I need help in switching to Smoked Glass v 6.0.1 on a Moto Droid of course. I know theres alot to cover but.... i dunno... i tried searching and yea I found alot of tutorials but i dunno i'm a newbie with this stuff. the link below is this one I want.

[ROM.tgz] Smoked Glass v6.0.1 *03/15* (Android 2.1 - ESE53)

I am work right now, but in about 1 hr im closing up so I dont have internet access at home only the droid is my way of accessing it. however my email is linked so if anyone can shoot me a email or txt on helping me in terms of explaining it in "for dummies" way that would be greatly appreciated.

thanks so much and take care

Edited by UBRocked - Removed phone number and email address per user's request. Please direct any & all responses to this thead or via PM.

Advertisement
  2. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

Are you rooted yet? If so, I wouldn't bother with a 2.1 ROM (especially a 3 month old one). If not, you're definitely going to need quite a bit of time to get rooted and ROMed and will need a computer for it.
    If you are rooted, just grab Rom Manager (Premium is definitely worth the price, believe me) from the market and give stock 2.2 a shot. It can be buggy, but you can also try CyanogenMod or Bugless Beast, their 2.1 varieties.

3. esmith818

esmith818 Well-Known Member

IMHO, putting your phone number out on the interwebz is not the brightest idea. ;)

4. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

And email.... But, sometimes something like ROMing your Droid takes drastic and risky measures :cool:

5. G.Armour

G.Armour You know you want to. VIP Member

Why go for that rom when froyo roms are out? Much newer and faster. And I'm pretty sure that someone has already ported smoked glass theme over.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

6. UBRocked

UBRocked VZW Nexus Please!!! VIP Member

I agree...bad idea with the phone number and possibly email as well. Forum members (who hopefully wouldn't do any harm :)) aren't the only ones that could access that information.

I did send him an email though and figured I'd post most of that email here: