• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Please: From 7 to 3

My 6 year old son got his hands on my phone. When I got it back I found that my screens have shrunk from 7 to 3, the wallpaper was the same but the lockscreen was back to its default, the bottom bar had gone from 3 buttons (add, phone,open apps window) to 1 ugly gray button that just opens the apps window, and all my widget placements went away and instead looked like a default setup. Changing my scenes does nothing. It started asking me how I want to proceed giving me the options of home or htc scenes. This would happen after I backed out of (for instance) my gmail. Then it would back out to a more familiar homescreen, my personal layout. I think I eventually put default "home" and now it's stuck with this 3 screen, stock setup, one ugly gray button on the bottom look. I would like to know how I can revert to at least having my 7 screens back along with the 3 buttons on the bottom (black/shiney instead of gray). I already erased my personal saved htc scene so I will have to remake the widget placements, I am rather sure of. Also, I use the app "Toddler Lock" but only for keeping my son occupied on some occasions. I am trying to find an app that alerts me when it is picked up. I could use the pattern lock but he has been known to make phone calls. Just any app that makes my phone a bit more secure from my sneaky little ninja 6 year old.

Sounds like Sense was turned off, and now you are working with the base (default) Android OS (operating system). Sense is the customized HTC OS, which is what gives you your 7 screens and the different interface layout.

Did you restart the phone? If so, was it still like that? There are instructions on here somewhere about "disabling sense" or "turning off sense" so you should be able to find them and use the option to turn Sense back to your default (I don't remember exactly where the option is). But try restarting first...

Upvote 0
I tried restarting and it did not work so now I am on the hunt for this HTC sense or scenes or whatnot toggle feature. Thanks.

from the main screen: Select Menu/settings/Applications/manage applications/ Search through the list for "home" select home and hit the clear defaults button. Click the home soft key and you will be offered Sense or home options. Select sense

Reactions: jhewit22
Upvote 0
Is there any good reason to ever use the home area over the sense one?

Maybe if you wanted to use 10 screens :D. Well you would have to clear your defaults on which ever one you were using so that you could choose every time you hit the home button....I did that for awhile till I got sick of clicking which home I wanted. This is if you wanted to use both.

Upvote 0
You know, you should give Home a chance. It's a preference and I switched to it about two months ago. Have not looked back since. It's very smooth and quick, compared to Sense.

If you do end up rooting your phone, removing Sense and running just Home will make your phone a hell of a lot faster.

If you aren't experiencing speed issues, like lagging, then Home may be best to try for looks. But it is faster as most users that have switched can attest to that.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones