• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Please: How to Sell a Sprint(CDMA) Phone???

I want to get rid of my Hero since the EVO is coming soon. But its pretty obvious that unlike GSM phones I cant just pop the SIM and sell it.

I need some help on how to sell my phone and stay on contract the same time... I want to sell it before release day for the EVO so it wouldnt be as simple as pushing over my number to the EVO.... SO how do I sell my phone and keep my contract going. help please??

Most likely a smart buyer will ask for the ESN before they commit to buy to make sure its clear. So you are going to have to get the phone off the line prior to selling it.

Why not just wait until you have the EVO in your hands and then put your Hero up for sale?

Why not wait? Cuz I don't have 450 laying around right now lol... Else thats what I would do. This is the only thing I don't like about CDMA... well and no simultaneous Voice and data, WAIT? I DO HAVE SIMULTANEOUS NOW! well with the evo lol....

Good thing Im getting a job soon. guess Ill get toss the hype to the side and wait.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones