Help Please! HTC HERO SIM UNLOCK PROB!

Last Updated:

1. Toro

Toro New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi everyone, I am new here. I recently purchased a HTC HERO locked on 3 Network from a ebay seller. The problem is that I have tried those people who can unlock phone with its IMEI code, but it hasnt been successful, they told me that the code can not be found, although I got my refund. I went to a 3 shop and was told they dont hav technician in the store so I cant get my phone done there either. One of the girls in 3 store actually suggested me one of the unlock phone shops (you know those doggy ones), so i decided to give it a try. I went to a shop which is close where i live, the chap was promising he can get it done as he just received the lasted software, however, this is a week ago. I've been calling him and all I got was all those bla bla (HTC is one of the toughest one etc ), so I went to the shop today and asked to have my phone back. He was still giving me excuses so I told him either way I want my phone back because Im goin on holiday for a month. BTW, Ive paid

Advertisement
  2. peterc10

peterc10 Well-Known Member

It should be easy. But what you need to understand is why nobody can find the IMEI code because that is worrying.

Suggest you try emailing HTC helpline.

3. Toro

Thanks Pete. It is easy to find IMEI code of the phone, it's just they can not find unlock code base on its IMEI code. That's why my phone is still in the shop and I have no idea how long its goin to take as well as the shop owner (lol)... The guy runs the shop told me that they have done "flash" which is a huge break through although I have no idea what that is, so all I can do is wait because they dont want to give me my phone back after it's been there over a week. I am just wondering does it really take this long to unlock a htc?

4. peterc10

peterc10 Well-Known Member

Sorry for my mistyping in previous post. Once you have a valid IMEI number (not code) all of the unlock code people can get you an unlock code - it is calculated from that number. The fact that they can't suggests to me it may not be a valid IMEI number.

And it is really worrying me that your so called expert says he has flashed your phone. You can't flash Android phones, only Windows Mobile ones. If he does not know that you root android phones he probably knows just about enough to be dangerous.

Toro likes this.
  5. Crafoo

Crafoo Member

I had exactly the same problem as you, I got a new HTC Hero that was an upgrade on my mothers contract who was with 3, I wasn't with 3 so obviously needed it unlocking, I tried 4 of those online companies who said they would be able to unlock the phone with a few details (Phone make and model, IMEI number and the network it's locked to) all of them failed and had to give me a refund. I then tried two hightstreet shops as I know they can use software to unlock the phone, again both came back and said they couldn't manage to unlock the phone :(

In the end I decided to phone 3 themselves and asked for the code to unlock the phone, they ran through a few checks because it was my mum who had the contract not me, 3 phoned her and asked if she would give her consent for me to have the phone unlocked, naturally she did, they then asked me for a

Toro likes this.
  6. Toro

My problem is that I got the phone off ebay and nobody around me is with 3 so I dont think I could ask 3 to give me the unlock code since I dont have contract with them. I dont mind pay

7. greg953c1

greg953c1 New Member

Well sounds like we are all in the same boat. I have a htc one that was on at&t network just paid for a unlock code to use on my sprint, just found out they more are less run on different networks so most likely can't be done. Now I guess I'm going to have to try and get a refund.