Help please! Huawei Ascend won't let me add widgets!!!Support

1. JHolder

JHolder Member

It worked fine up until now. Every time i try to add a clock widget or even just one of the huawei widgets it says Sorry! The application Canvas (Process android process.launcher) has stoped working unexpectedly please try again. Yet no matter how many times i try it or restart the phone it won't work. i even downloaded a virus scanner and it says its very clean... so i'm completely clueless here...

Advertisement
  2. Stinky Stinky

Stinky Stinky Well-Known Member

Hey there dude!

Welcome to the forums buddy!

Hmm, try reinstall the os or do hard format that's the best bet i have to solve it dude :)

I think you will find it here maybe (look at post number 2 dude) :) :

Cricket OEM Rom for Huawei Ascend - xda-developers

Regards

Stinks
  3. JHolder

JHolder Member

Thanks for the warm welcome...

Although... nothing you said makes any sense to me... i'm not really the brightest when it comes to tech.
  4. Stinky Stinky

It's all good dude!

No worries dude! We are all good at different things! Hell i can't paint to save my life hahahah :)

Hmm what you need to do is reinstall the OS (operating system dude) by the sounds of it, or you could try a hard format (factory reset) but i think you shud try hard format first actually.

!!WARNING!!

You will lose all data so back up first to sd card as much as you can dude... let me know if you okay with that hey.

You can always download your apps again from the google account you have but sync ur contacts to google so you can get them back again :D

Stinks
  5. JHolder

JHolder Member

I'm perfectly ok with doing that... i just don't know how to sync up w/ google.
  6. Stinky Stinky

Cool man!

No worries!

Hmm okay, i think you go to "dialer" then contacts, then press "menu" then go "manage contacts"
    Go "copy contacts"

Now select which contacts you want to sync to google then go "copy to"

Now it shud give you an option to sync with your account and Woolah! :)

Let me know if you got any problems dude! :D

Regards

Stinks
    JHolder likes this.
  7. JHolder

JHolder Member

Ok thanks. there is a copy option... but there's also an option to backup to my sd card. Would that be ok to do or should i just copy them?
  8. Stinky Stinky

Oh ja!

I forgot about that actually hahah lol :)

Okay, i would recommend both just incase something else goes wrong dude :)

If this does not work then you will need to reinstall :(
  9. JHolder

JHolder Member

ok i did both. Now then... hopefully the final question... how do i restore factory settings and is there anything else i need to do afterwards?
  10. Stinky Stinky

Hmm i think maybe messages (SMS) too maybe,

And photos and other stuff like that maybe. Have you got an USB cable for your PC by any chance dude?
  11. JHolder

JHolder Member

yeah i have a usb cord for it. although if ur talking about backing up my pics and texts... i won't need to. there were none taken with the phone so far and the messages arn't important...I'm just not sure how to restore it.
  12. Stinky Stinky

Cool,

All you need to remember is your google account sign in (email) to restore the contacts :)

And all apps are kept with your account on google servers over seas.

Okay to perform hard reset go to "menu" ----> settings ------> Privacy-------> Factory data Reset.

That shud do it , if not then you need to reinstall
    JHolder likes this.
  13. JHolder

JHolder Member

It worked! thanks so much! If you don't mind i have 1 more question!... how do you delete fatory apps? like the useless ones for me like for example that bowling game and photobucket?
  14. Stinky Stinky

Hahhaa!

Awesome man! Thanx to you too!

Only a pleasure dude ;)

Hmm i dunno about the stock ROM applications but try going into "Menu"------->Settings------> Applications

I think you can uninstall them from there dude :)

Keep well dude!

Regards

Stinky
    P1zz4guy likes this.
  15. DaTexter

DaTexter Member

You could have just installed Launcherpro you didn't really need to do all of those steps
  16. UnSmartphone

UnSmartphone Well-Known Member

im diggin launcherPro right now... many more options :)
    (its an app that changes your home screen)
  17. Muldy

Muldy Member

Just had the same problem on my Ascend man. Very frustrating, thank god for the people on this forum.

Just curious... anybody that have cricket have their 3G not work alot of the time, but Wi-Fi is great?
  18. DaTexter

DaTexter Member

Muldy I had problems with my 3G when i first got the phone. All i did was take it to the CricKet store and they told me that it wasn't programmed right so he just reprogrammed it and now I get 3G on my phone. Which i'm very thankful for cause 1X is VERY SLOW
  19. P1zz4guy

P1zz4guy Well-Known Member

My phone had the problem, amd the hard reset worked great! Thank you Stinky
  20. As for the original topic, you may not have to do a full reset. My phone would not let me add widgets at all at one point. Canvas would crash every time I tried to add any widgets. All it took to fix the problem was to uninstall the last apps that I had installed in reverse order until I could add widgets again. Then I reinstalled the same apps and checked between them to make sure that canvas would not crash. This may be worth a try for someone if you do not want to go through the process of the reset.
    squapadilly likes this.
  21. dEris

dEris Well-Known Member

Uninstall Canvas. Extremely ugly homescreen. I installed LauncherPro on day one and been using since. I've been using android for two years now.
  22. Jarahdai

Jarahdai New Member

I had the same problem yesterday. I found on another forum that it was an incompatibility issue with the application 'Shazam'. As soon as I uninstalled 'Shazam' I no longer had the problem. I am now using 'SoundHound' instead.
    squapadilly likes this.
  23. mrhockey

mrhockey Member

Or you could just uninstall Shazam. I loaded that a week or so and haven't played with any widgets since, but came across a couple of other posts in my search that people deleted that and it worked as well as here but it sounded too easy. Mine was crashing all the time. I just uninstalled Shazam and the problem is now GONE!
  24. Jazziette

Jazziette Well-Known Member

Glad you got your problem worked out. If you have any problems with your reset you may have to dial *228 to finish your setup.

Some things may not work for you until you do.

Cheers!
  25. rybread5520

rybread5520 New Member

The problem was happening to me. I installed launcher pro. I like it except now my end key doesnt end current applications it takes me to an option screen that makes me choose between canvas setting or launcher pro. Is there a fix for this? Otherwise I cant exit out of the internet or other applications.