Help please i am at my wits end

1. bigjp

bigjp New Member

i attempted to root my Samsung Galaxy Ace GT-S5830, Android Version 2.3.3, Baseband Version S5830XWKP8, Kernal Ver 2.6.35.7-perf-CL561786 root@Dell 128#1, Build No Gingerbread XWKPY using a Zip Called upd_1. I followed all instructions as per Site

http://androidforums.com/ace-all-th...d-2-3-3-universal-root-guide.html#post4817621

I did all of same then paniked and restet my fone now i see 3 Apps in my app Drawer They are Superuser , Root Validate & Super SU so i now do not know if my fone is rooted or not what i need to know is
    1 How to find out if my fone is Rooted?
    2 How to go back to how my fone was before i did all of above?
    3 How to get rid of The 3 Apps aforementioned in my App Drawer.I await your direction and Assistance at your convenience and hope n pray I Have Not Damaged my Fone or Messed up the warranty. Thank You Again John

Advertisement
    :
  2. Mostly Harmless

Mostly Harmless Well-Known Member Contributor

If you have those threes apps then your phone is rooted, isn't that what you wanted?
  3. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!! Moderator

welcome to the forums!!!!!!

moved you to the ace root forum

i'm not familiar with your phone, but:
    1.if you have the superuser app, then you are most likely rooted. if you download a terminal emulator app from the play store. then type su. in the command line the $ should change to #. if you see the # sign then you are rooted. the root validate might work for you as well. i have never used it before. it will check to see if you are rooted.

2.do you mean unroot? not sure on how to do that.

3.not sure why you want to get rid of them as they will help you being rooted. root validate is not necessary. and superuser or super su is kind of both the same thing. you can uninstall either one of those.

hope this helps.
  4. ayush29k

ayush29k Well-Known Member

1.As ocnbrze said, you can use terminal to see if you are rooted or not, or you can also do that by getting any app that requires root and run it, if it runs then you are rooted.
    2.There are unrooting zips also just like the rooting zip to unroot the phone.
    3.You don't want to get rid off all those 3 apps, you can delete root validator its not an important app but keep either superuser or superSU in the phone, you can delete any one, but don't just uninstall them there is usually an option inside to remove them safely(its there in superSU, not sure about superuser). These 2 apps makes sure no app gets access to your root system without your permission, you have to grant the permission when the first time you run an app that requires root access.
    ocnbrze likes this.