Support Help please, I think I bricked my phone

1. m4p

m4p Member

I successfully rooted my Slider, installed the BobZhome recovery tool, did a backup, and everything was fine.

Then I installed the Mobster rom, and it said it successfully installed and so I rebooted the phone.

Now the phone won't turn on. I finally got my PC to recognize it although the SD card is not being recognized.

Can anyone please help? I see guides for unbricking phones but not the particular phone. Thanks!

EDIT: After pulling the battery, I was able to get into Recovery. Just because I'm a glutton for punishment, I tried installed the Mobster rom again, and again, after waiting almost 20 minutes, phone still never came on, couldn't restart it or anything.

So back into Recovery and I just restored the original ROM to the phone and all is fine.

I followed all the steps, so not sure why I'm having so much trouble flashing the Mobster rom.

Advertisement
  2. matt190191

matt190191 Well-Known Member

I'm not to familiar with that phone. But I'll look round for an unbricking guide for you. :)
    m4p likes this.
  3. matt190191

matt190191 Well-Known Member

Hi,
    Please try this unbrick guide:

Preparation
    Download LGMDP
    Download and extract CWM Recovery
    LG Driver
    Disable LG Virtual Modem at PC/Laptop
    How to unbrick LG Optimus One
    Tools are at the bottom

Turn on the LG Optimus One with hold and press Volume[+] + Back + Power Buttons to boot in emergency mode.
    Connect the Optimus One to PC / Laptop
    Run LGMDP.EXE
    Click
    m4p likes this.
  4. m4p

m4p Member

Thanks so much for the replies. It wasn't bricked after all. After removing the battery, I was able to get back into Recovery and restored my backup of the original ROM.

I wasn't able to find a ROM flashing guide for my phone, the Optimus Slider, so followed a guide for another LG model, which told you to format everything except the SD card. Where I went wrong flashing the Mobster ROM was I guess you only need to wipe the cache and dalvik cache for the Slider.

Just flashed the Mobster ROM again and it worked :)

I'm thinking to flash the Ginger kernal, and if anyone has any tips for doing that, it would be appreciated.

I also have another question, not sure if this is the place to post them, but curious, is there any way to make it so I don't have to unlock the screen all the time? In Display settings I picked the setting where it says to not have it locked, but that didn't work.

Thanks again.
  5. sneaky_1

sneaky_1 Well-Known Member

To flash the kernel, just do the same. Wipe cache and davlik, flash kernel and reboot.

I've never tried to remove the screen lock. I normally just use slide at home and pin when out.
    m4p likes this.
  6. m4p

m4p Member

Thanks, I successfully flashed the Ginger kernel. I also found an app that keeps the phone in an unlocked status, even after booting up, or you can change it back to lock.