Help Please - Modifying Boot Animation

Last Updated:

1. dmw16

dmw16 New Member This Topic's Starter

EDIT:
    Found this

http://androidforums.com/all-things...le-change-boot-startup-since-going-froyo.html

Answers my question.

=============================

I am attempting to modify/replace the default boot animation on my Incredible.

I am currently running Froyo 2.2 (not sure if that's relevant).

I downloaded the BIOS style boot animation and the zip file contains:
    data [dir]
    META-INF [dir]

the data directory contains:
    local [dir]

the local directory contains:
    bootanimation.zip (which has the part0 and part1 folders and the .txt file)

I followed the instructions I found here and based on that discarded everything other than the bootanimation.zip that had the part0 and part1 folders.

Just to be sure, I renamed the existing bootanimation.zip (in /data/local) and then pushed the new file.

When the phone reboots I get the same boot animation as before (the Droid eye that came with 2.2).

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. Hand76

Hand76 Guest

Ok let me see if I can help You, take the new zip file and place it in your sdk tools folder. Also you have to have it renamed VZW_bootanimation.zip

(Just a heads up for Windows 7 users: Leave off the .zip and .mp3 from the file name)

Now you have to make sure you mount partitions in clockwork reovery. After that open a command prompt and push the files.

adb push VZW_bootanimation.zip /system/customize/resource/
    adb push VZW_Droid.mp3 /system/customize/resource/

Now at this point you should see data being transfered, if you do it should work.

3. Skorpios1027

Skorpios1027 Frell me dead VIP Member

If you have the option to show filename extensions enabled (Like I do), you still need to add the .zip and .mp3.

4. Azelis

Azelis Well-Known Member

That zip file isn't made for android 2.x. The files bootanimation.zip and androidaudio.mp3 should go in /data/local not /system/customize/resource

5. Skorpios1027

Skorpios1027 Frell me dead VIP Member

Since he is running 2.2, he does need to use VZW_bootanimation.zip and VXW_Droid.mp3 and put them in /system/customize/resource.
    2.2 doesn't use /data/local for the custom bootanimations.

6. mystics7

mystics7 New Member

Today I updated to the OTA version of Froyo. When i try to push the file over the VZ_bootanimation.zip o get a read-only file system. Is this because i'm not rooted?