1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

help please my ascend wont play youtube videosSupport

1. petete

petete New Member

So here is the thing i rooted my phone and deleted a few apps one of them was the youtube app, now i go to youtube webpage try to play a video and i get this message "there is no application that can perform this action" and force me to close,,, any idea?:confused:

Advertisement
    :
  2. The Prodigy

The Prodigy Well-Known Member

Try downloading miren browser go to settings then advance settings and switch the orientation (i think) to iphone then go to youtube.com and see if a pop up appears and says download.
    kimmypoet36, petete and KOLIO like this.
  3. Tokenpoke

Tokenpoke Well-Known Member

or reinstall youtube through market.

skyfire should work too. if you want a new browser and youtube i think this is the way to go.
    kimmypoet36, r0ckstarr and petete like this.
  4. septembersrain

septembersrain 句_句 Smurfing Awesome VIP Member

Skyfire works the best with Youtube. You can also just find the .apk. Let me see...Youtube Apk. - Download . Hope this might help. It's also got a few other .apks listed. ^^.
    kimmypoet36 and petete like this.
  5. Gmash

Gmash Well-Known Member

did you back up before you deleted? You should be able to defrost or restore if you used tibu.
    petete likes this.
  6. petete

petete New Member

THANK U so much skyfire worked great i got my android back ! awesome
  7. kimmypoet36

kimmypoet36 Member

Thanks so much, I had the same problem with youtube, I rooted my phone, backed up with tibu, but could not restore youtube, got the .apk file installed it, but as soon as the install screen was done it said "could not install" so I just kept searching for anything other than flashing phone back to stock, you guys are the best!

Thanks from a very happy newcomer!!!!!!

Kimmy :D
  8. ko08

ko08 Active Member

Try flashing gapps again it has all Google apps for your rom just Google it an it will come up but u need to have recovery flashed to do it if all else fails just start from stock an for not remove Google apps
  9. PlayfulGod

PlayfulGod Well-Known Member Developer

Yea, the ascend needs a browser or app that will convert the flash to a format the ascend can play as the ascend CANNOT PLAY FLASH!!!

:)
  10. nuttmeg

nuttmeg Well-Known Member

+1

what he said, or try skyfire...
  11. Andrew64

Andrew64 New Member

I keep seeing this I have one question then why is it that my ascend came stock with the youtube app and played them just fine till I rooted my phone and deleted it.
  12. Can0dope

Can0dope Well-Known Member

YouTube isn't flash. ;-)
  13. Gmash

Gmash Well-Known Member

Well, the app is different than the website, the videos are converted to mp4 mobile format. That's why the website has videos that are not available on the app.
  14. Can0dope

Can0dope Well-Known Member

Oh yeah. Forgot about that. LOL!