HELP PLEASE Now I have lost most of my contacts???

Last Updated:

1. adybaby

adybaby Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I really dont know what is happening here, but I have lost (nothing has been deleted) most of my contacts (some have remained - dont know why) but I have tried everything to get them back - I have imported - exported - sim - phone - vcard, all variations, all I am getting is multiple duplications of the numbers that are left in the phone, but not getting back what I have lost... someone help before I go get a rope!!

Advertisement
  2. veryjiggy

veryjiggy Active Member

You have lost most of your contacts from your pc/web based email or from your phone? Also, which email client do you use? Were the contacts that you refer to facebook/email/phone contacts?

3. belso

belso Member

unfortunately you're not the only one, whilst I haven't lost most contacts, I regularly lose a few, I think there are some glitches during google syncs, at least in my case. I have read other people complaining about the same issue. I do regular backups, just in case (several backup apps in the market).

4. adybaby

adybaby Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi, it is my phone contacts that I have lost - not really worried about the emails contacts. I use googlemail. My contacts were copied to google mail account when I first got my desire, but even they have dissapeared??

5. nx1977

nx1977 Well-Known Member

Do you have sync enabled? Are they still in your account if you look using a PC?

6. belso

belso Member

sounds like the same problem I'm having, I havent' found a solution to it though, perhaps it's a bug in the google sync or people application?