• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Help please. Phone stuck on Samsung Logo.

brefmint

Jul 26, 2010
Hello,
I was rebooting my phone today and it every time I try it gets stuck on The Galaxy S logo with the big flashing "S" on the screen. It acts like it is going to boot up but just after the ATT screen and the boot sound it gets stuck. I did the one-click-lag-fix about 2 weeks ago and the phone has been running smooth ever since. My wife and daughter are on the road so not having a phone really stinks right now. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Matt

Hello,
I was rebooting my phone today and it every time I try it gets stuck on The Galaxy S logo with the big flashing "S" on the screen. It acts like it is going to boot up but just after the ATT screen and the boot sound it gets stuck. I did the one-click-lag-fix about 2 weeks ago and the phone has been running smooth ever since. My wife and daughter are on the road so not having a phone really stinks right now. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Matt

Have you already tried pulling out the battery and leaving it it off for about 30 sec, then put the battery back in and turn on? Or tried holding down both volume buttons while turning on to recover?

Reactions: brefmint
Upvote 0
I have tried pulling the battery a dozen times. I was able to get into recovery mode and tried the reboot option as well as the reinstall packages option. No luck, still stuck.

Thanks for the ideas people.
try the clear cache option, it wont delete any pics or contacts or anything like that, then try to reboot. i know that helped me when i had a problem with random shutdowns

Reactions: brefmint
Upvote 0
What you experienced is _exactly_ why I've avoided the "lag fixes". A sudden shutdown mixed with an unjournaled filesystem like ext2 and *kaboom*.

Glad you got it resolved though. *If* I was inclined to do a lag fix, I'd use one of the ext3/ext4 options.

FYI, After doing the Odin ROM reset all of my music, ringtones, and pictures were still on my phone. Only my apps were gone and my contacts were all unorganized. Pretty cool I thought.

Yeah, the /sdcard contents aren't overwritten by a ROM reflash which is handy (meaning you can stash a backup there if you don't have an external SD card).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones