• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How To Help Please Root Question

onesicktexan

Jun 28, 2010
TX
Sorry in advance cause im sure this is easy for yall. Im new to rooting and have been reading about it literally all day. Just give me a few good links to get me started on rooting my Motorola Droid. I have found plenty of stuff while googling but i run into many questions, like if im on froyo 2.2 do i need to go back to 2.1 before i root? and my phone says "firmware versions 2.1-update1" does that mean im on froyo??? so confused plz help.

In the mean time i have installed RSD Lite and used SPRecovery ESE81.sbf. Now im at a standstill...what do i do next??

To begin, root your phone:
How To: Root the Motorola Droid (Android 2.0.1 & 2.1) | TheUnlockr
If you want a custom ROM:
How To: Load a Custom ROM on the Motorola Droid (Android 2.0.1 & Android 2.1) | TheUnlockr
If you want FroYo (Android 2.2.):
How To: Get Android 2.2 (Froyo) On Your Motorola Droid Right Now! | TheUnlockr
UnRoot (Not sure if this works?):
How To: Unroot the Motorola Droid | TheUnlockr

If it says 2.1, you have 2.1
You are not on 2.2 so you do not need to worry about going back to 2.1 or anything like that as you are already there.
Don't forget to do Nandroid backups before you install different ROMs:
http://theunlockr.com/2010/02/06/how-to-backup-and-restore-your-android-phone/
Be careful.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones