Help Please Rooted Htc Desire stuck on white screen

Last Updated:

1. Ryanoliver

Ryanoliver Member This Topic's Starter

Hi very new to this and i have joined up because im looking for some help with my htc desire. I rooted it last week with the unrevoked 3 method which seemed to go ok then i tried some different roms and some worked some didnt. I tried to install the r8-bravo-desire-modacocustomrom-withadditions-a2sd+-signed...! This rom got stuck on the white start up screen. I thought that if i cleared the sd card it would install but still the same thing then i just got the white htc screen which i cant get off and i cant load the recovery to change anything...! The sd card is working and i can get into the hboot and when it reads the sd card says wrong img! Is there something missing on the sd card? Have i bricked my phone? Any ideas on a fix? Cheers Ryan

Advertisement
  2. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

Why did you wipe the sd card? Its never a good idea to wipe what you need to use for recovering.

Sometimes you need to do a wipe going from rom to rom, which is probably why you are stuck at the boot screen.

Does it boot without the SD card?

Other than this I can't be of much help right now (sorry) but be patient, there are people who know more about these things than me.

Ryanoliver likes this.
  3. anoniemouse

anoniemouse Well-Known Member

If you have a card reader for your pc, format your sd card & place your desired custom rom & the appropriate radio.
    Put sd card back in phone & turn on while holding volume down, this should get you to recovery screen.
    From there you can access the clockwork mod menu to wipe your phone & cache & then install the radio & rom.

Ryanoliver likes this.
  4. Ryanoliver

Hi Danfrance thanks for your reply, No it doesnt, i tried the recovery option but just get the white screen again. i read somewhere that a factory reset and wipe was something that might help when putting the new rom in so thats the option i chose. Sorry as i said really not up with all this and probably should have been before attempting things like this. It does say when it checks the sd card in hboot that there is a wrong or missing img file? I struggle to read it all as it goes so quickly..!what is that about any ideas?

5. Ryanoliver

6. Ryanoliver

No luck still the same...! Thanks anyway anoniemouse

7. Ryanoliver

THIS IS THE MESSAGE I GET WHEN SELECTING THE BOOTLOADER IN HBOOT

HBOOT
    SD Checking
    Loading...[PB99DIAG.zip]
    No Image!
    Loading...[PB99DIAG.nbh]
    No Image or Wrong Image!
    Loading...[PB99IMG.zip]
    No Image!
    Loading...[PB99IMG.nbh]
    No Image or Wrong Image!

ANY THOUGHTS?

8. SUroot

It is a problem with your recovery. When you use unrevoked it flashes over the HTC one.

I am not sure what state the phone needs to be in to redo the unrevoked process to get the recovery back.

You may need to.install an ruu. A 2.1 one would be best. Then once you have a stock.Rom and HTC recovery use unrevoked 3.14 (providing you used a 2.1 run) to go.through the process again.

This is.my.best answer but not necessarily.THE best answer.

Ryanoliver likes this.
  9. anoniemouse

anoniemouse Well-Known Member

I personally would suggest that too, probably the best way to go now if you still want to be able to root.

Ryanoliver likes this.
  10. sookster54

sookster54 Well-Known Member

Looks like a bad image.

Ryanoliver likes this.
  11. Ryanoliver

Hi danfrance thanks for your reply as i really dont have much of a clue on this could you please spoon feed me on this and help me with where i get this ruu from and the process i need to follow thanks again ryan

12. Ryanoliver

What would you suggest sookster54? Cheers Ryan

13. SUroot

What screen type have you got? Slcd or amoled? If the latter, any generic ruu will do. I believe tget not all ruu will work with slcd

Ryanoliver likes this.
  14. Ryanoliver

amoled and the hboot is 0.75 radio 5.11.05.14 cheers ryan

15. teppic74

teppic74 Well-Known Member

The HBOOT messages are completely normal. Your recovery is probably because you installed 2.5.0.1 of clockworkmod, which has a habit of failing about 50% of the time on startup.

If you can get into recovery just try flashing another rom. A stalled bootup is usually because you didn't wipe before installing the new rom.

Otherwise you can run an RUU or use my downgrade tool to get back to generic 2.1.

Ryanoliver likes this.
  16. Ryanoliver

Hi quick update i tried the r6-desire-root-alt 264mb file and changed the testimage to PB99img.zip and tried the bootloader again this time i got a different message CID incorrect also tried another one which gave me the error message of incorrect model number! Is there a way of locating the PB99IMG.ZIP FILE and get it onto my sd card so i can get into recovery? TEPPIC74 I've tried the bootloader loads of times and it aint loading anything till i get this PB99img file sorted! What ruu do you recommend and where from? As im new to all this tech stuff when i format my sd card obviously it becomes blank and all im doing is just adding these files do i need to have anything else on there apart from these individual files? ie a clockwork mod file or something like that? I appologise if thats a stupid question but thats why im on here not very upto date with all this Thanks in advance Ryan

17. teppic74

Don't use the r6 method first of all.

If you're getting CID errors you have a branded phone and no goldcard - you'll need to sort that out. What network is your phone branded to?

Ryanoliver likes this.
  18. Ryanoliver

orange

19. teppic74

Have you tried booting into recovery a few times? If it hangs just take out the battery and try again. If it doesn't work after 3-4 times you'll have to recover with an RUU.

This requires making a goldcard, and if you can't boot your phone you're a bit stuck unless you have access to another Android phone to make one. There are no branded RUUs for Orange.

Ryanoliver likes this.
  20. Ryanoliver

Can it boot with nothing in the sd card? cheers ryan

21. teppic74

You should be able to boot the phone without an sdcard inserted, if everything else is working ok. You'll need your sdcard to install a new rom though.

Ryanoliver likes this.
  22. Ryanoliver

guess ill have to claim on the insurance then lol...! nothing esle i can do then? cheers ryan

23. Ryanoliver

can you buy ready made gold cards anywhere as dont know anyone with another android phone? Cheers Ryan

24. teppic74

You didn't say if you have tried recovery a few times, if you can get into recovery you can fix things.

Ryanoliver likes this.
  25. Ryanoliver

tried 6/7 times in a row and nothing just keep getting thw white screen with htc logo. So is there no way of getting this PB99 file from somewhere? cheers ryan