1. Tablet future looks bright! Read more about: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    New Forums: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    Dismiss Notice

Help please! Upgraded today and it won't even turn on!!Support

Last Updated:

1. vonnie1uk

vonnie1uk New Member

I'm really upset tonight and wonder if anyone can help me please. I upgraded my HTC Desire HD this afternoon (which i've never had any problems with and have loved) to the HTC One X. I charged it, turned it on and set up my gmail then got a message saying there was a system udate so i opted to update it. I went out (for around 5 hours) and left it updating. Came back home there and the charger light had gone out but the phone now won't turn on at all, it's just dead. I've tried holding the power button down for 30 secs but to no avail, and also tried holding the volume down button and pressing the power button at the same time but nothing either. I'm self employed and now left without a mobile as 3 have cut off my existing phone as of 2pm this afternoon and i know i'm missing calls and texts. Anyone else had this problem or am i the only one? I'm going back to the 3 store tomorrow to complain as this is just hopeless :(

Advertisement
  2. Silver Surfer

Silver Surfer Well-Known Member

Hi vonnie,

You didn't happen to leave the phone on charge whilst installing the update did you? There is an on screen instruction during the update process to ensure that the battery is at greater than 35 percent and that the charger is disconnected during the update. Failure to do this can result in the update being corrupted. If you haven't done so already try disconnecting the charger as this may allow the update to complete successfully.

Other people have experienced this issue so I hope you get it sorted.