HELP PLEASE with WMA MUSIC FILESSupport

Last Updated:

1. redfatboy96

redfatboy96 Member This Topic's Starter

I'm new here, new to this type of phone, and I've had my EVO for a week. Trying to decide if I'm going to stick with it. Awesome phone, love it, but my #1 issue is/was battery(I think I'm getting over it). #2 is music files, specifically WMA.

One of my goals is to consolidate to one device so a big thing for me would be putting my music collection(or most of it anyway) on the EVO. It will play unprotected WMAs but the labeling is all jacked up-doesn't recognize artists, therefore and album is listed as individual file/songs. Very messed up.

Now, I'm kind of an old dude so 85% percent of my collection is CDs, that I bought in a store back in the stone ages when people did that...guess what?? Those are all WMAs.

Am I doing something wrong? Is there a fix? Is there another player I should be using that would fix it?(I'm using the player that came w/it). My device has 2.2. Is it an OS glitch?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. KingFatty

KingFatty Well-Known Member

I used the player "Meridian" for listening to unprotected WMA files.

Could you clarify what you want:
    Is it identifying/displaying the various tags associated with the file while you are playing the file?
    Or is it that you want to see the album listed a certain way when you are browsing throug your music file using the audio player?
    Or do you want something to help you navigate by album through your collection? More than just a file browser like Astro?

3. redfatboy96

I would like to see the album and then songs listed within the album.
    What happened is I put a store bought album/cd on my card. The player recognized it, but as unknow artist. So somehow what it did was put the album art on every single song file and listed them individually in alpha order. Did I explain that ok?

Its like instead of seeing an album w/15 songs(which I did w/one of the few store bought cds I have that is in mp3 format). I see 15 of the same album art, each w/1 song, unknown artist.

4. redfatboy96

bump

5. Cobravision

Cobravision Well-Known Member

Do WMA files support the ID3 tags that mp3's support? That's what the players reference to collect artist, album, and track info.

A player like Meridian includes an id3 tag editor. But then you'd have to edit every file.

6. sitlet

sitlet Banned

Your problem is the stock music player cant read id3 tags from wma files. You need to use mp3 files, and make sure your id3 tags are all correct when you rip the files form the cd.

7. mylifeimlivingit

mylifeimlivingit Member

Convert your wma files to mp3 I just did it my self with a free dl on my computer

8. redfatboy96

what program did you dl?

9. sitlet

sitlet Banned

google it, there are hundreds of programs.