• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Please with XM Radio

civ2god

Dec 1, 2010
I apologize if this specific topic has been posted before or if I am posting in the incorrect area.

I recently purchased an Evo 4G. I am a listener of xm radio for Howard Stern. I know that Sirius/Xm offers an app but Stern isn't on it. This is why I am posting.

I have read threw a number of threads related to this including this one, http://androidforums.com/android-applications/19666-sirius-xm-online-media-player-app-2.html but I am having trouble getting this to work. Specifically, I have downloaded the Sirius/XM Streamer 1.5.1.0 and have attempted to set the configurations how they are posted in that thread and on the App's website. I have entered my xm user id and password (which I have verified numerous times is working on the actual xmro.xmradio.com website) and when I attempt to start the service, it says failed to login, incorrect login info. Now, like I said, I am able to use the exact same id/pw on the actual xmro website but its not working for this app. Honestly, I have verified I am typing the same thing 15 times. So, I emailed the app developer for help and am hoping that someone else here could help as well.

Also, on my Evo I went to xmro.xmradio.com and was able to sign into the website and then I clicked the 'listen now' button and the popup actually loads! That is cool because it's Flash 10 I believe. Anyways, it looks great so far so then I cilck on the Howard 100 channel and it attempts to start the media but due to not having Windows Media Player or some equivalent player on my phone, it's unable to load the bar that actually streams the media. Does anyone know of a work around for this? Is there a player that will actually work as if its WMP?

Thank you.

I just received an email from the developer, TheEndless and might I add, extremely fast!

He informed me that a change had been made and for me to try my XM user id and pw in full caps. That actually worked. Now I just need to try to get the ORB stuff going.

Any help with that would still be appreciated!

Also, does anyone know of an app that works as if it was WMP for android? Maybe if I had that my evo could load the media stream portion. Thanks.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones