• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Help please...

damule6666

Android Enthusiast
Apr 14, 2010
Right behind YOU!
Ok this is a bit long but i am at wits end..

I have tried both methods of unrooting my droid.

I installed rsdlite 4.6 and the proper 64 bit driver. And the update.zip file. i do as it states. I plug droid in, turn on while holding up on D-Pad. I get a black screen that says:
Bootloader
2C.6C

Battery OK
OK to Program
Transfer Mode
USB:

Then it says to open rsdlite 4.6 and so i do. It opens and my device is not there. So i go to Config. and select DeviceID Options at this point i get the error message saying:
Motorola RSD has Stopped Working and i get the selections of check online for a solution and closing program or Close program. if i select check online it waits and searches and just closes..

The other way i did was like it said to:

1. Download 2.01 stock update.zip
  2. rename the downloaded file to update.zip (if you don't see the .zip in the downloaded filename don't add it because the file extensions are hidden from you.)
  3. mount Droid to computer
  4. copy file from computer to root of sdcard
  5. unmount card from computer
  6. hold X while rebooting until SPRecovery screen comes up
  7. install
  8. allow update.zip
  9. install /sdcard/update.zip (depreciated)
All of which i did. and am promptly greeted with this message:

assert failed: !less_than_int(1259199777, getpro
p("ro.build.date.utc"))
E:Error in /sdcard/update.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted,

Thats all i keep getting..

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Also is there a special way of opening rsdlite 4.6 as the administrator?

I dont mean to come off as a dumba**. I rooted and over clocked and switch roms all the time.. But this is just NOT working for some damn reason.

Thanks

AJ

I dont have time to trouble shoot with you as I have to get some sleep but here are some solutions to the RSD issue

To run as admin in win 7 or vista
1.) Navigate to the install folder which is usually C:\Program Files\Motorola\RSD Lite
2.) Right click on SDL.exe
3.) Click run as administrator

also check out this post. Rest of the thread could help as well

http://androidforums.com/all-things...hing-process-0x7100-rsd-lite.html#post1274587

Reactions: damule6666
Upvote 0
I dont have time to trouble shoot with you as I have to get some sleep but here are some solutions to the RSD issue

To run as admin in win 7 or vista
1.) Navigate to the install folder which is usually C:\Program Files\Motorola\RSD Lite
2.) Right click on SDL.exe
3.) Click run as administrator

also check out this post. Rest of the thread could help as well

http://androidforums.com/all-things...hing-process-0x7100-rsd-lite.html#post1274587

Worked like a charm.. THANKS!!:D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones