Help pleaseSupport

Last Updated:

1. virtualchip

virtualchip New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi
    I am new at this; this is my first post ever. I have a HTC Magic from Rogers
    but I

Advertisement
  2. jdodds

jdodds Well-Known Member

If you have 2.1 then you must have already rooted. I don't recognize your rom from the info posted. But I highly recommend CyanogenMod 5.0.7. It is a very stable custom ROM, 5.0.8 is probably just as stable, I just haven't upgraded to it. It adds some froyo features. They also have a froyo rom 6.0 RC3, but it is not stable yet.

Check here for more info.
    HTC Dream / HTC Magic - CyanogenMod Forum

There is an extra step for us Roger's Magic users, just flashing bcrook's kernel. I am probably no the guy to write a guide for you, but the info is all in the above link if you can figure it out on your own.

virtualchip likes this.
  3. virtualchip

virtualchip New Member This Topic's Starter

I will try anything, i wll go on the link you send me and read, I tried to reset it and it still freezes. Yes I have the 2.1 ROM but i never installed it, i bought it used as is, its my first HTC
    i think i got !!!!!! :(

thanks Jbodds

4. mjschmidt

mjschmidt Well-Known Member

@virtualchip: if your Rogers HTC Magic has Android 2.1 on it, then it has already been rooted, which means your warranty as far as dealing with Rogers goes) would be void.

I can't comment on using other ROMs (I haven't rooted yet myself), but if you can change the phone back to its original Android 1.5 build, you could then apply the Rogers 911bugfix update (Android 1.5) and then get the Over The Air (OTA) update to Android 2.1 which should be coming very soon. This "official" build might help, although you will likely not be able to root again afterward until someone cracks it.

This all depends of course on two things; 1. Can you get the phone back to 1.5; and 2. will you get the OTA update from Rogers since you are a Telus customer.

I suggest you ask this question in the Rogers forum here: Rogers - Android Forums

There are a lot of Rogers users there with experience using the Rogers HTC Magic.