Help PleaseSupport

Last Updated:

1. oilervision

oilervision New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi Guys,

Sorry to come onto here as a first time poster and immediately request for help but I really need it haha.

I have a Samasung Galaxy S Vibrant (Bell version) and randomly it's telling me that my "Database storage is getting low" and that my "Incoming Text message has been rejected" because my txt messages are full. I deleted ALL of my txts and it stopped giving me that message and now that I have about 50 messages in my inbox, it's back again.

So what should I do? I've installed a lot of apps and it's still telling me that my phone is low on storage.

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. EnglishCrusader

EnglishCrusader Active Member

Maybe worth purchasing an sd card, which gives you alot more space, by the sounds of it on your Galaxy, you have more than ALOT of contacts, and ALOT of apps, causing you to use what's left on text's which doesn't seem to be alot. That's my suggestion, but someone else may be more helpful. :)

NZtechfreak likes this.
  3. oilervision

The weird thing is that I don't have very many apps or contacts. I have 12.60 GB available on my internal SDcard yet my stupid phone is telling me that it's full and can't recieve txts :confused:

4. andy-roid

andy-roid Well-Known Member

Take it back to the shop for repair

5. NZtechfreak

NZtechfreak Well-Known Member

If you go into text messaging and hit the menu key there are options for setting the maximum number of messages to be stored on the device, what are those settings saying?

6. oilervision

Its set to unlimited

7. Cyb3r5c4r

Cyb3r5c4r Well-Known Member

there is only 2GB of the phones memory used for apps, contacts, text messages, email, ect.

you say you have alot of apps. your probably using most of the 2GB and not leaving very much space for text messages

there are 3 solutions:

1. delete what you dont need, dont use or dont really want

2. download froyo from samfirmwares.com and flash it using odin, froyo allows you to transfer apps to the internal or external sd card

3. start pulling all your hair out while you wait for the official froyo update

8. RavenFox

RavenFox VIP Member VIP Member

Just had this issue. Took me a bit but clearing the cash and resetting data plus deleting a few contacts helped