Help Please

Last Updated:

1. lloenll

lloenll Member This Topic's Starter

so last night i felt like trying out a new Rom. for some reason on Rom Manager there was something wrong with the Shadowrom download... i had downloaded it previously so i had it on my SD card. I booted into recovery and tried to install from SD Card. It would not install so i wipped the phone/cache and tried again. The install was apparently successful. Phone started rebooting and then stuck on "htc incredible" logo. Also tried to go back to 1 of 8 nandriods i have but none of them will restore. the restore process starts but then just freezes. Left it alone for 30 mins to an hr and wont move. Soooo in a nutshell cant flash a new rom to phone and nandroids dont work. Anyone have any ideas? at this point i might try to unroot/ reinstall stock OS but not even sure if that will work.

Advertisement
  2. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

Did you wipe the cache and data before restoring your backup?

If that still doesn't work, simply mount your internal storage to USB in recovery, connect to PC, download a new ROM, and move it to your internal memory (it will be the only one mounted to the PC). Then just unmount your internal storage from USB, clear cache and data and flash the newly transfered ROM.

3. lloenll

yes sir i wiped both data/cache... even used another SD card that was freshly formated with a freshly downloaded Rom. Just reflashed a rom which this time around didnt give me an error/aborted message. I think the flash process was a bit too quick though but did say Completed. I rebooted and still on HTC Incredible Logo. :'(

4. Ufkal

Ufkal Well-Known Member

I too have had problems with my ShadowRoms. I wiped and tried to re-install from my sd-card, and restore my nandroids. I could finally get it to load up, but then it would crash and restart over.

5. necosino

Did you guys have to install a new phone version? I'd try downloading the latest version from Adryn's site, flashing that, and THEN restoring a nandroid / installing a ROM to see if that isn't the problem.

6. lloenll

so it appears that any rom i flash it'll install... give the message complete... reboot and still stuck on that HTC Incredible Logo screen. When i tried ruby the ruby boot screen keeps looping so im assuming it does so for all the roms ive installed. *le sigh*

7. necosino

How long are you waiting after flashing? It normally takes 2-5 minutes for a first boot after flashing, sometimes up to 7-8 minutes.

8. lloenll

I waited 20-30 mins for it to boot after a rom install.... ive wiped data/cache idk how many times by now and cant do a nandroid or rom install. During a nandroid it just freezes during the restore and doesnt move after about 1 min and stays loading 1 file and during a rom install it does it in about 2 mins says complete... try to boot and doesnt get past the HTC Incredible Logo.

Ive been looking for a good unroot method to try that because i can always root again. so far the unroot method i found by downgrading doesnt seem to work on my phone. doesnt detect the PB31IMG.zip file.

9. beachdweller

beachdweller Well-Known Member

Noob here. Have rooted my Incredible and downloaded my first ROM. ShadowRom. My question is, do I have to redownload ROM manager from the market again? Also, is there any way to recover my contacts list? Thanks!

10. lloenll

it depends on the ROM. Some ROMS come with Rom Manger already installed and others dont. As far as your contacts they should be backed up to google and after installing a Rom just log back into google and your contacts should sync back.

11. lloenll

So for anyone that has my problem i could not find a suitable solution. I tried every possible unroot/reflash solution i could find but nothing worked. Would not boot and barely worked in recovery mode. I just got a warranty replacement. And for those that KNOW that your warranty is Void when you root.... as long as your phone DOESNT turn on there is not way of them checking that. Do what ever you want with the phone but preserve the watermark and no physical damage and you are good to go. Im not recommending this, just mentioning what i did.