• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root help please

david111

Lurker
Nov 26, 2010
i have a rooted vibrant running on 2.1-update 1. i have been trying to update to bionix fusion12 rom. and after i get through rom manager and click on the fusion12.zip file it reset into system recovery and i get a error.
E:cant open /cache/update.zip
(bad)
installation aborted

please help

Personally I dont like using rom manager to flash it seems to be causing problems with alot of people. I only use rom manager to get clockwork.

Your best bet would be to download a app on the market called astro. Its a file manager. Download the rom directly from the site then go into astro find your downloads and rename the Rom file to update.zip and move it to the root of your sd card. Then boot into recovery and apply update.zip and that should work. If not there are other options like flashing through odin.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones