• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
So here's my problem. I'm temporarly using the samsung intercept. Everything is stock on it except its rooted. Well at least that's what it says. All I'm trying to do is instal cm01 recovery.. I don't have a computer atm. And I've tried the rootintercept apk and the flashimage gui.. what am I doing wrong. Thanks in advanced for the help.

Sent from my SPH-M910 using Tapatalk

I installed intercept root without any problems. downloaded right from my phone. installed in 10 secs and rooted within 5 mins.

heres the link: http://intercept-root.googlecode.com/files/interceptRoot.apk

Once it's on your phone its a snap
Start the app, if your not rooted then there is only one button root
Click the root button and wait for your phone to restart
If you want to install custom recovery open the app again and now the option to flash recovery appears
Click install CM01 recovery, it will flash the recovery and make any necessary folders on the SD card and reboot into recovery.

Note: it's best to backup the contents of you sdcard, before you root, because on some phones it will reformat the sdcard.

Make sure your battery is fully charged before running

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones