Help please

Last Updated:

1. UrbanHillPG

UrbanHillPG Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Im currently on Fresh v1.x what is the easiest method for me to upgrade the rom to the new Fresh rom or anyother? I also would like to install the new 2.1 Can someone help please.

Advertisement
  2. momoceio

momoceio Well-Known Member

Well, you obviously know how to flash a ROM already. So, all you really need to do is backup any data (no need to worry about the SD card), wipe and flash the new ROM.

So...download the new 2.0d Fresh ROM, copy to the root of your SD card, reboot into recovery, wipe data, wipe dalvik, wipe battery stats, wipe rotation settings, flash ROM, reboot.

3. UrbanHillPG

Thank you for you help but how do i Wipe?

4. momoceio

You need to boot into RA (recovery). Turn off your phone, once it's off hold the "Volume -" button down and press the power button. Keep holding the "Volume -" button until you boot to a white screen with some options...press "Home" to boot into RA. From there you can wipe and flash.

Oh yeah, do a nandroid backup before you do anything (nandroid is also available once you boot into RA).

5. UrbanHillPG

OK thanx. In your opinion what is the best ROM?

6. momoceio

Fresh 2.0d or DamageControl's latest...both are nice. I tend to stay away from the others because most of them are just based off of these two ROMs anyway.

7. NYCHitman1

NYCHitman1 Gun for Hire Developer

I agree with Momo in the choices of Fresh and DamageControl but there really is no BEST ROM. It's whatever works best for you which would be the best. It's completely preference based.