Help Please!

Last Updated:

1. Odegardl

Odegardl New Member This Topic's Starter

I am a first time user and I think that I have gotten in way over my head. I successfully rooted my phone tonight and I was playing installing a you tube app and I got into a infinite boot cycle. I have the moto symbol only. I can get to bootloader 2c.6c only, nothing else works. How can I get 2.0.1 flashed onto my phone to reset everything? Any information would help, thank you very much, and yes, I am really freaking out.

THANK YOU

Advertisement
  2. nstallion

nstallion Well-Known Member

Make sure when you boot the phone it's not plugged in with USB (which is causing that bootloader 2c.6c message) and hold X on the keyboard while booting. It should boot into recovery mode. What recovery ROM do you have installed? If you have something like clockworkmod or sprecovery you should be able to format the data and cache and try again or even flash another .zip file from there.

If all else fails you might have to do this: http://androidforums.com/all-things-root-droid/47349-now-you-can-live-without-fear-bricking.html

3. Odegardl

Odegardl New Member This Topic's Starter

I did the if all else fails, and it worked, THANK YOU SO MUCH!

4. nstallion

nstallion Well-Known Member

That's good to hear. I've avoided having to flash the .sbf so far and would like to keep it that way. Especially since using RSD Lite is one of the few things that really CAN brick your phone if something goes wrong.