help pleaseSupport

Last Updated:

1. angelis

angelis New Member This Topic's Starter

hi all , am new to the forum and have just got my galaxy, but having problems wih it, i can connect to the internet all fine , but when it comes to google mail it wont let me connect , i cant access the market to get apps , has any one any idears , thanks

Advertisement
  2. Beerkan

Beerkan Well-Known Member

Have you set up a gmail account?
    Market requires you to log in via a gmail account.

3. angelis

angelis New Member This Topic's Starter

yea set up google mail , but still wasn't allowed in, have finally done it now ,

thanks

can the galaxy have live wallpapers cant seem to find anything said about them

4. Beerkan

Beerkan Well-Known Member

Yes, but you need to update to Android 2.1, root your phone, and remove and replace Pantheon with another Home App. ie. HelixLauncher.

If this all sounds "Double Dutch" to you, check out the Galaxy Spica and Galaxy Lite forums. (Same phone as Portal, just different name).

5. t1melady

t1melady Member

There is a recognised problem with Gmail at the moment

It is down to the new ability to change from the old @googlemail.com to @gmail.com

The phone will not recognise your account if you change from @googlemail.com to @gmail.com

If you have changed over you will need to revert back to the old email address extention of @googlemail.com

You can do this through the settings section of the googlemail account

Once your back as @googlemail.com you should be able to sync and use the market place

Google are working on a fix for this issue