HELP please...

Last Updated:

1. adam_hilluk

adam_hilluk Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I currently have a HTC Hero and am getting frustrated at constantly being told, "Over-air update.... coming soon". The phone runs so sluggish and im sure it can be much much better.

Every time i ring HTC they tell me its next month. SO i am now enquiring if someone could tell me in a really dumbed down way how to make my phone run 2.1 or even 2.2 if possible.

Info on phone (i'll put everything as dont know whats needed:

Carrier: Orange UK
    Firmware: 1.5
    baseband version: 63.18.55.06ju_6.35.08.29
    build number: 2.73.61.66
    software version: 1.0.0.A6288

PLEASE help me, getting desperate.

Adam:confused:

Advertisement
  2. bluenova

bluenova OK Computer VIP Member

Hi Adam,

I moved your thread to the All thing root Hero section as that is your only option to upgrade now if you don't wan't to wait for the official update in the UK.

HTC have now officially released the GSM 2.1 ROM in Taiwan and there are already a couple of custom ROMs based from this official ROM.

I highly suggest you go for Villain 10 at the moment but I think you have a patched Orange ROM so it will mean you will need to go down the 'Gold card' route.

The guide here...
    Installing Custom ROMs - VillainROM Wiki
    Is very easy to follow, read it all the way through then just take it step by step and if you are unsure just post here letting us know where you are at.

adam_hilluk likes this.
  3. Jaffa

Jaffa Well-Known Member

That ROM can be downgraded by selecting a lower version of an original Ornage RUU avail on the web site, check out the link at the top of the sub forum, its quite straight forward if you are a little tech savvy, and if not still achieveable with suport from this excellent form!!

adam_hilluk and bluenova like this.
  4. djbasik

djbasik Well-Known Member