• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Help pls: My fone doesnt open after firmware upgrade

with you phone off, press and hold VolumeUP+Home+Power. Once it reboots, release the buttons. There you will find the options "reboot", "apply sdcard:update.zip", "wipe data/factory reset" and "wipe cache partition".
You can navigate the recovery screen using VolumeUp & VolumeDown and use the Home button to select.
Choose the "wipe data/factory reset" option.

WARNING: this will restore your phone to the original configuration of the firmware YOU LAST INSTALLED (including any updates made via update.zip). This will NOT bring your phone back to the firmware installed when you originally bought it unless you haven't flashed your phone. You will lose all your data and apps ok.

---THanks to DarkStriker from the XDA forums for this.--

If you have further questions, just tell me. Good luck!

Upvote 0
Dude, I had the same problem before and now my phone have backed to life (like ur phone will). I dont know you can go to Download mode by 3 button combo or not, so if U can, just go to it, if not, find the way to go to Download mode in here : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSaeaAcJHqw .
>> When U went to Download mode already, plug ur USB cable to the phone (just phone, not computer)
>> Download Odin and Android 2.1
>>Setup Android 2.1 to Ur phone, now ur phone will be back.
>> Find the best Android 2.2 and set up it to ur phone again
>> OK. Now ur phone is alive and strong.

Upvote 0
with you phone off, press and hold VolumeUP+Home+Power. Once it reboots, release the buttons. There you will find the options "reboot", "apply sdcard:update.zip", "wipe data/factory reset" and "wipe cache partition".
You can navigate the recovery screen using VolumeUp & VolumeDown and use the Home button to select.
Choose the "wipe data/factory reset" option.

WARNING: this will restore your phone to the original configuration of the firmware YOU LAST INSTALLED (including any updates made via update.zip). This will NOT bring your phone back to the firmware installed when you originally bought it unless you haven't flashed your phone. You will lose all your data and apps ok.

---THanks to DarkStriker from the XDA forums for this.--

If you have further questions, just tell me. Good luck!

i pressed the 3 buttons but i got the yellow sign digging. what's next? its been there for hours already.

Upvote 0
i pressed the 3 buttons but i got the yellow sign digging. what's next? its been there for hours already.

I think you are pressing the down volume button instead of the up button. you went into download mode by pressing down.

As for your question re factory reset and flashing using ODin, suggest you do factory reset first. if it doesn't work, then do the Odin trick.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones