• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help pls with Android Huawei Blaze phone

Before i got my huawei blaze android phone I used to have a phone where I could set alarms to go off to remind me of future appointments.
It was handy to set reminders as my memory is poor.

I cannot for the life of me find out how to do this on my huawei blaze android phone, and woud love some help in either showing me how to do it, or if there is a serparare app that I can install freely.

thanks

Welcome to AF. :D

You should have a calender app or widget on your phone to do this by going in and setting up one.

EDIT: You should also see an option to set a reminder too.
Hi

Thanks for your welcome and quick reply.
I just went to my calendar app but could not see 'set reminder' anywhere.
Please could you help.
Also, I cannot see where it shows to delete events that I no longer want.

Many thanks

Reactions: Metroid Prime
Upvote 0
You should see it if you press on a day and if you slide down you should see an option that says "Set reminder."

EDIT: You can delete an event by going to it and long pressing on it.

Hi Metroid Prime

Sorry for the very late reply, but thanks for your post.
This issue sorted, but please could you look at my next post below as I have some more issues.
That would be great.

Upvote 0
Hi Again

I just had another look and went into an event, and hit the menu key.
There was a 'delete event' there, so I managed to delete the events.

Although I deleted all of my events, there are two items on my agenda saying :

"showing events since 9 Feb 2013. Tap to look for more"
And
"showing events since 10 apr 2013. Tap to look for more"

I'm terrible at pressing wrong buttons when I try to explore a phone as the paper instructions for this phone are abysmal and random.

Please could you tell me how to get these dates back in 2012?

Also, I wanted to create a reminder for 2pm on 5th June, on my oldskool knockia I could simply type in the date and time of my reminder, and write what the reminder was e.g. "mum's birthday" or "phone hmrc and enquire about property tax" and have the alarm ring when that time and date arrived.

I could not see how to do this on my new phone, so I clickd the menu item option 'new event'. I gave the event a name.
It wanted to know what time the event is from, and what time it is to.
I simply just want one alarm reminder at one time.
I just put one time 2pm in both boxes.

It also has an 'all day' tick box at the bottom of the screen which I don't understand so I left it unticked.

When I hit 'add reminder' I selected 'one time event'.
I only want the alarm to ring once at 2pm, so I don't understand the two boxes with (-) or(+) signs on them.

Please could you show me how to set my reminder so my alarm goes off only once at 2pm on 5th June.

Many thanks

Upvote 0
For using your calender, you should be able to swipe left or right to toggle the date in order to get back to 2012.
For notifications, don't click all day. Instead, go into the general settings of the calender app and there should be a setting for a notification ringtone. From there you can set whatever you'd like to ring at that given time.

Reactions: miniature45
Upvote 0
thanks - calendar automatically set itself back to 2012.

It seems copmplicated setting an event. Why does it have two dates?
I tried putting 5th june in for both dates. I never selected 'all day'
I just noticed an option for 'one time event with a drop down menu, so i selected it.
Got confused when it said 'reminders' and a drop down menu showing time intervals. As this option had a minus sign next to it, I ignored it, is that right?
Also got confused by an 'add reminder' option, which I hit and again it showed the menu showing time intervals, so i ignored it again.
When I tried to go to the settings via the menu it gave me an opportunity to 'show extra options'.
The 'show me as' option confused me, so I had no choice but to hit the 'done' button, the default option was 'show me as busy' and this confused me. Also I could not find a setting for a notification ringtone.
It is set at 'one time event' yet it is also set to go off every 10minutes, and show me as busy.

Please could you tell me where I have gone wrong.

Thanks

PS lucky to have this forum. Have had to figure this phone out myself as instructions were poor, and i am sure I am not getting everything out of it.

Upvote 0
Hi, I have Huawei ascend. Few days ago I wanted to make sure I don't forget friends bday so I created an event. By mistake I've created daily event. It rings at 2am. Her bday is gone and I'm about to have nervous breakdown. I don't know how to delete it, there is no option at all. I can only see it, now even edit. Please help.
Thank you

Upvote 0
Hi

Thanks for all of your replies.
I did manage to suss it out in the end and I am now able to set reminders on my phone.
It took some doing though, I think it just takes a bit of getting used to.
For anyone wanting to know, you go to calendar, add an event, and it gives you choice of times and dates.
To edit event, just go to calendar, pull up that event, and hit the menu button and you will see an option to edit.

Upvote 0
Hi, I have Huawei ascend. Few days ago I wanted to make sure I don't forget friends bday so I created an event. By mistake I've created daily event. It rings at 2am. Her bday is gone and I'm about to have nervous breakdown. I don't know how to delete it, there is no option at all. I can only see it, now even edit. Please help.
Thank you
Hi

If you go to the event, and then hit the menu button, can you see an option to edit?
I hope your problem gets sorted soon.
Is there a section on this forum for your phone?
I have an ideos x3 so I don't know the ascend model but as it's huawei it might be similar.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones