1. kazumahits

kazumahits Active Member This Topic's Starter

how do i upgrade my firmware??? thanks for the answer:confused:

Advertisement
  2. Craxer

Craxer Active Member

3. kazumahits

can't understand the words or acronyms like ROM, ROOTED and so whatever... please can you guide me for a while?? thanks

4. w_bovine

w_bovine Well-Known Member

Go do some reading at the Vibrant Bible. You'll find links for Odin and the JI6 firmware files.

[REF]***Vibrant Directory(Bible)Rev2.1--A little color can't hurt--***(10/20/2010)*** - xda-developers

Read the forums too, both here and on xda. You'll pick up more and more information as you go along.

xda-developers

Rooted means you have complete access to the OS on your phone and can perform tasks and run apps that you would not able to do otherwise.

A ROM generally refers to a custom firmware for a phone, though it can also apply to stock firmware. ROM stand for Read Only Memory, so in this case it's something of a misnomer really.

5. kazumahits

and... what is the update for my samsung vibrant?? i see the phone info and my firmware is 2.1update1 something... can i upgrade it??? thanks again :D

6. w_bovine

w_bovine Well-Known Member

The latest official firmware for the Vibrant is JI6. What does it say under Settings>About phone>Baseband version?

7. kazumahits

im trying to upgrade it to j16 and downloading screen not showing :( how to do that??? i do the pressing the volume and hold it and i insert my usb cable to computer... its only charging...

8. djquick

djquick Well-Known Member

LMAO, dude no offense but if you don't understand words like "rooted" or "rom", just leave it be until you get the OTA (Over-The-Air) update because flashing, modding, and tweaking are a whole different world. You will be spending days trying to figure this out driving yourself crazy.

Again no offense.......I'm just sayin.

9. kazumahits

yah... thanks... but i read carefully and understand the upgrade of j16 of course i listen carefully on the video they post here in forum... and i trying to do that... but i can't... it's only charging... i try to remove the battery... then press the volume key, and then insert the usb cable to my comp... i try the other method but its not working... i want to upgrade it on j16 :(