• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

chubbssmith

Lurker
Sep 27, 2012
My HTC EVO 4g LTE won't run anything that requires adobe flash player, it says I need 10.0 or better or something along those lines but I downloaded the latest version and when I tried to play the show it said I still need it even though I had just downloaded it. I refreshed the page and still nothing any ideas?

I get the same, occassionaly. For instance with the BBC site. It claims my Flashplayer is outdated. While it clearly isn't. So imo that website is corrupted by malware, trying to get you to install Flashplayer again. Only that Flashplayer probably is not the real Adobe Flashplayer installer file at all. But a whole suite of malware apps and scripts, masquerading as a Adobe Flashplayer installer file. I.o.w. a Trojan Horse. You DON'T want to install that crap on your device!

Upvote 0
But the Flashplayer for Android IS outdated. It was only supported up to a certain version of Flashplayer 10. Adobe stopped making Flash player for ANY mobile device months ago.

EDIT: I was mistaken, it seemed they stopped at 11.1. At any rate, Adobe did stop updating Flash for android months back. and is currently behind the latest desktop flash (11.4)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones