• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root help plz if someone can on here

i gotta samsung fascinate n i love it,this is my second one i killed my first one tryin to chnage i guess its called a rom.i rooted my phone n deleted all the bloaware so when i did the rom wrong and tryed to restore everything was wiped my four buttoms on the bottom didnt work or nything so i gotta new phone at the store.i rooted this phone and froze all the bloatware with a pro version of titnaum i also have on click lag fix on {which i love!} but wht im gettin to i hate the blueish grey theme the phone has like the notifaction bar and the batt symbol color.i wanna make it all redish black n white in stead.ive tried all forums no one has really givin me any help....anyone think they kno or can help me?

Hello lilballerlee.

That site you link to has one of the best, step-by-step tutorials on recovering the Fascinate that I've seen.

I can't think of what to add. If you're having trouble, just take your time and begin slowly with the drivers for you type of computer; they are linked there. You have to know if your computer is 64 bit or 32 bit.

When you get to the part about mounting your SD card, it'll prompt you to do that when you plug the USB cable from your Fascinate to the computer.

When it talks about putting files on "the root of your SD card," that just means don't put them in a folder on the card, just on the card itself.

Upvote 0
dam i had put up the wrong post on here im sorry.i had fixed that problem by receiving a new phone ha i had it for only 17 days when it happened.but now that i have my new phone i rooted it and froze the bloatware instead of deleting it with titnuam back up pro.i have one click lagfix workin on my phone too {which i love!} i want to delete the bloaware in general but am affraid of doin what i did last time.plus i really wanna change my blueish grey theme to a red one nd from what i read that is called a rom i think but am not sure,thats how i practily killed the last one. after what i did to my first fascinate i wanna be certain before i do nything to this one.....can yall help me on this one?

Upvote 0
So long as you either restore to stock before or never use an OTA update, you can delete the bloatware and free up the space. So long as you have it backed up with Titanium, you can always restore if you want. As far as the red theme, that's just a theme, and I believe (correct me if I'm wrong, oh wizards of the forums) that you have to have a deodexed ROM to use themes.

Upvote 0
I done all I wanted but change my theme.i have READ everything I can on my phone jst dnt understand a few things I get wht I got just dnt wanna make sure its right.on top of that ive posted on alot sites but ppl tell me wht u jst did or get deoexed or w.e style rom.i wanna kno wht type of rom n how to properly use it

Upvote 0
I done all I wanted but change my theme.i have READ everything I can on my phone jst dnt understand a few things I get wht I got just dnt wanna make sure its right.on top of that ive posted on alot sites but ppl tell me wht u jst did or get deoexed or w.e style rom.i wanna kno wht type of rom n how to properly use it

Translation please? if you flashed a ROM already then all you have to do is find a theme you like that is compatible with the ROM you flashed and flash it.

So
find theme
backup phone
flash theme

if it doesn't boot or you just don't like it restore the backup

repeat until you find a theme that you like.

Oh and if YOU screw it up don't return it for warranty repair.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones