• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Help! Problem after root

James862

Dec 15, 2011
I rooted my phone back in July and used gingerbreak. After that I noticed that all my screen lock settings where erased and cannot make any new lock settings. The phone has gotten really laggy. As far as the screen lock i mean I cannot make a new pin or scan my fingerprint. I can get into my phone without entering a pin and without using fingerprints. When I go to location and security menu and then to screen lock settings the screen comes up asking me to scan my fingerprint but immediately closes as soon as it comes up. I would really like to be able to securely lock my phone again and for it not to lag so much. I think something might have went wrong during the root. I tried to factory reset but I can't because it asks for me to scan my fingerprint but like I said it immediately closes as soon as it comes up.

So is there I can try to reroot or unroot or get the screen lock settings to actually work again so I can factory reset?

Really need help with this. I have been searching for a long time and getting really frustrated.

Thanks in advance

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones