• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help: Problem with recovery mode

Hello guys.
I hope you can help me with this problem i have cause i am newbie when it comes with android recoveries etc.
So i have a Crypto Passepartout R8 (yea its not like htc or google but this was cheap) here is the file with its specifications cause they removed it from their site Crypto.gr

I have this tablet for 2 years and i wanted to try something new with it. I installed Rom Manager tried to flash CWM from the program but i got a message your device is not at our list or sth like that and it wouldnt download CWM for me.
So i decided to install it manually, i couldnt install through android recovery 3e cause of some signature problem, so i downloaded a terminal ( i rooted the device with SuperOneClick ) and installed the .img file of cwm to my device.(With the "flash_image recovery /sdcard/..."command)

When i did this and it was installed i typed reboot recovery so it will reboot into cwm recovery.
The fact is it didnt. I now cannot enter either of those 2 recovery modes and im stuck at the logo screen forever.
But my tablet run android normaly.
I just need from someone who know of these things to help me to get one of those recoveries working if it is possible.
Thanks.
Baseband Version: Unknown (Dunno if this is supposed to be unknown but it was like this when i bought the tablet)
Kernel Version:2.6.35.7
Build Number: 97C2-T0-S3-H01-1029

Recoveries are generally device specific, so if you've flashed a recovery not designed for your device, it will do more harm than good unfortunately.

There's not much you can do I'm afraid, if your tab works normally, I'd stop playing with things (unless you have a copy of the devices original recovery image or a clockworkmod for your device). In the unlikely event you get an OTA update, it would probably be wise not to accept it.

Which clockwork did you install btw?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones