Help! Problem with screenGeneral

1. H. Cooper

H. Cooper New Member

Hi guys, I'd like to ask your opinion. I've got a Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 Mini, I was very happy with it until recently. On Monday it showed up on the screen that it found an update. It updated itself to Android 2.1-update1. After that I finally got the navigation working which never worked very well. I used the navigation screen on it's side as it shows bigger area that way. When I arrived to my destination I tilted the phone back to exit from the navigation screen. Everything became purple instead of blue. I can still read what's on the screen but it's very annoying. I tried to adjust it but it stays a strange purplish colour. I contacted SE about it, they advised me to try SEUS. I've tried to restore the phone, reset it's factory settings, did a complete erase on the phone then the SEUS reinstalled the software but it still comes up purplish. When I tilt the phone on it's side the screen comes back normal but as soon as I turn it back to it's top it's purple again. Any ideas what could I do with it?

Advertisement
    :
  2. Sam-SonyXperia

Sam-SonyXperia Well-Known Member

This is one I have not seen before; given what you have tried to do to resolve the problem up to this point I can only advise that you get the handset through to one of our authorised repair agents for assessment.
    H. Cooper likes this.
  3. H. Cooper

H. Cooper New Member

Hi guys!
    My phone is mended, I may have found a solution to cure the purple screen problem. After re-installing the software it didn't fix itself so I gave up with it. Two days after I didn't realize the phone needed charging and it got so low on battery that it switched itself off. I've let it to recharge itself during the night and then I switched it on the next morning. It worked! Now everything is back how it should be. Thanks for the answer anyway!
  4. Sam-SonyXperia

Sam-SonyXperia Well-Known Member

No problem, glad its sorted However please do keep an eye on this as it is not normal behavior of the handset.