Help! Problem with Wi-Fi! Something happened to phone & now no wireless networks detected!Support

1. ZoyaM

ZoyaM New Member

Hi everyone!

Not sure what exactly happened but heres how it started..I was browsing the web a couple nights ago and a pop up would appear stating an error on the page and forcing me to close. I tried several more times and the same pop up would appear until suddenly my phone shut off on its own. When I turned it back on I noticed that all my apps had been swiped off the pages I had arranged them and it looked like my phone had reset or something?! I wanted to connect to my wireless network but I noticed that all the networks that had been saved before were no longer there and although I tried to add my home network again it wouldn't save it and it wouldn't even detect it or any other wireless networks that were around.. I've been trying to figure out what the problem is exactly and I hope it's nothing too major and someone who has had the same problem before can help me.

Thank you! I hope I was clear enough.. any help is very much appreciated!

Advertisement
  2. Sam-SonyXperia

Sam-SonyXperia Well-Known Member

Hi ZoyaM, in this case I would advise running a software update as it sounds like there is a bit of a firmware issue there.

How to use update service on the web:

1. Before you start you have to download the PC Companion software from Download for PC - Sony Smartphones (UK)
    and install it on your PC.
    2. Once installed on your PC, double-click the PC Companion icon on your desktop to start the update.
    Note! For some models you will be prompted to do a backup prior to the update and then restore.
    3. Install and open PC Companion then select Support Zone.
    4. Phone Software Update.
    5. Start.
    6. Repair Phone
    7. Continue
    8. Accept data removal
    9. Next
    10. Wait for prepare
    11. Select Phone
    12. Follow the connectionn steps

Please note that you will need to back up all data before using the Update Service, save your music/photos/videos to a memory stick or your PC, all phone contacts (phone numbers) should be saved to your SIM card or Memory Stick.

- When using PC Companion to update your phone, make sure you have a stable Internet connection and any Security Software ( as it might block the connection ) is disabled temporarily while using it.
    ZoyaM likes this.
  3. ZoyaM

ZoyaM New Member

Hi Sam!

Just wanted to say a quick thank you for your reply! I don't know why it didn't cross my mind to update!! You saved my life! :)