Help [ram]!!Support

Last Updated:

1. tonmoy1108

tonmoy1108 Member This Topic's Starter

my X10i shows ram 268mb. but i know it should be 368. can anyone help about this??

another problem is my phone sometime restart automatically. like if i open an apps or try to install a new one, then it restart itself and i have to do that again. but the big problem is sometime it just turn off and i have to remove the battery then put it on again and start the phone.

my firmware version is R2BA026

HELP PLZ.:(

Advertisement
  2. X10iUser

X10iUser Well-Known Member

Not sure what you want help with, the phone is obviously using it.

Have you tried repairing it using SEUS or PC Companion?

3. allbutlost

allbutlost Well-Known Member

Do you mean it is showing 268 of 368 free? If so, the maximum amount of RAM available to ANY device, be it phone or computer, will never be entirely "available". That portion of your RAM is being used by your operating system and other vital tasks.

The only way to get all your RAM available and free would be to turn the phone off :D

If you mean it should have 368 total and you are only seeing 268 total.. well I have no clue.

4. tonmoy1108

first thanxx for replying......in miniinfo it shows 62/268 or 105/268.......means total ram is 268 and r8 now it is using 62 or 105..... am i r8 or wrong? but the total ram should be 368.......gsmarena.com shows in x10i features.

5. tonmoy1108

sorry i have no idea about this.......would u plz show some light. thanxx

6. X10iUser

X10iUser Well-Known Member

SEUS - PC Companion. Install PCC and go to support zone, click "Repair".

Backup your phone first as it most likely wipe it.

tonmoy1108 likes this.
  7. allbutlost

This website shows 384 (so far the only site I can find claiming that amount of RAM).

This website shows 256.

This website says 256.

I found a dozen additional sites that ALL say the phone carries 256.

Which one is right? *Shrugs* beats me I guess, I didn't build the phone... however, my phone? Says 268 (I'm staring at it right now). So my bet is on 256 (268) being correct. Therefor there's not a single thing wrong with your phone. The RAM is precisely correct. You just took your information from an incorrect source.

Now granted, my phone is the x10a not the x10i, but never the less... the proof is clear. Your phone says it has 268 megs of RAM, and every source I can dig up says the X10 has that amount of RAM.

There's nothing wrong with your phone.

8. CuBz

CuBz Well-Known Member

As far as I am aware, the Xperia X10 has 384mb RAM, but as some of this is used for the obvious, more important things, such as running the OS, etc, the phone will only show you a total of 256mb RAM, which is the total available for you to use for apps, etc :)

I have seen alot of website mention 384, and alot mention 256, so it gets confusing all the time, and my statement above could be wrong, but it seems like the most obvious to me :)

9. allbutlost

That might make sense. There may in fact be hidden portions of memory reserved strictly for basic operating functions, though I find it an odd tactic to take... then again, this is Sony we're talking about, so maybe I shouldn't be surprised ;)

Either way, there's still nothing wrong with his phone :D

10. gunny5821

gunny5821 Well-Known Member

I agree totally.. It makes sense that it would only show what is available, because nothing you can do will ever give 384MB as the OS is using part of it..

11. allbutlost

From: Xperia X10 to come with 384MB of RAM? | Xperia X10 Blog

Maybe that helps :) I think this above makes the most sense.