Help! received an update this morning now my Ahome app is freezing up...

Last Updated:

1. Meyers

Meyers Member This Topic's Starter

Hey ya'll whats up?

This morning I had a system update waiting for my on my G1.... It took quite some time to download just like the last update (Cupcake).. now I am having problems loading my phone.

I have the aHome application installed and I use that as my primary operating system (if you can call it that).

Now when my phone restarted after the update downloaded, it keeps giving me errors such as:

"The application aHome (process mobi.bbase.ahome) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again."

The application Messaging (process mobi.bbase.ahome) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again."

These errors repeatedly pop up and will not let any of my desktop load up or will it let me get into the system settings menu.

What should I do?! I've spent too much time customizing my phone for this friggin' update to just come along and destroy it all... :mad:

Advertisement
  2. shivers316

shivers316 Godmember VIP Member

Well, I'm not an aHome user, but it's possible that aHome has not been updated for 1.6 yet. If that's the case, you're gonna have to use the regular home screen until they come out with an update that is compatible.

3. Meyers

That is my major problem. I cannot pull up the system settings menu on the home screen because the errors keep popping up...

4. Robfactory

Robfactory Well-Known Member

FACTORY RESET.
    ere's how it works:
    1. Power off the G1
    2. Hold Home Key + End key for 20 seconds or until you see a "triangle with an exclamation point and a picture of the G1"
    3. Open the QWERTY keyboard and hit Alt+W
    4. Restored!

5. Meyers

ok... awesome... will that delete any of my downloaded apps though??

i appreciate the help guys

6. shivers316

Yeah, unfortunately since you set aHome as your default home screen you won't be able to access anything else. A wipe is gonna erase everything on your phone including your apps.

7. Carl C

Carl C Well-Known Member

But any apps you paid for you can download again for free :D

8. Meyers

Well I wiped it...

Now I'm back to the beginning... which is nice, because I was getting a little crowded with unused apps anyways.

Also, in the market there is a "downloads" tab on the top right which has a history of every app I have downloaded, both free and paid for. So at least I can re-install everything that I actually used =)

It's a shame though, I really liked aHome. I just read the comments in the market on it and apparently it is a major problem with the 1.6 update. They really need to fix this asap.

9. shivers316

I'm sure it will be fixed soon enough. 1.6 isn't even fully rolled out and the 1.6 SDK was only released a few weeks ago.

10. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member VIP Member

Hopefully you had used aHome's export settings ... so that if something like this happens you can recover ... ??

11. 92drls

92drls Member

Yea it sucks, it's a known issue at work with alot of alternate home apps.. I use DxTop and it force closes 100% of the time. Although what I don't get is when you guys say you MUST reset, this is not true. On my MT3G, once it force closes it ask's if I want to use the factory home screen, I say yes, and I'm back, widgets and all... fyi

12. kabbie_mcfeely

kabbie_mcfeely Well-Known Member

FWIW, panda home (free in market) works with almost all themes and has been updated for 1.6. I installed it last night and no problems. I had issues before running a "home" app with a modded 1.6 and had to unistall the app.

13. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member VIP Member

AHome is working with 1.6 again ... new version is in Market and your old settings will be preserved ...

14. CptGemini

CptGemini Well-Known Member

I know I am probably late with a reply to the issue but with any given program if it freezes up and crashes try uninstalling and then reinstalling it, that's helped me with lots of problems I've had after updating various apps.

15. karmaz18

karmaz18 New Member

hi all i have a problem.i installed ahome app and now my fone wont work it keeps showing up with the error the application ahome(process mobi.bbase.ahome_test)has stopped unexpectedly please try again.how can i fix this???i have tried evrything please help me

16. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Welcome to Android Forums, karmaz.

Sometimes when those type of error messages pop up it is because the data in the app has become corrupted. One course of action is to go into menu > settings > applications > manage applications > (the app) and clear cache AND data both.

A reinstallation of the app is next. Then reboot the device.

Try posting about this in the Vodaphone area:

Vodafone 845 - Android Forums

There is not a lot of activity there, but perhaps another user of that device will notice your post. ;)

Good luck.