• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HELP! Recovering deleted emails

ginn7

Mar 4, 2011
I deleted a couple emails on my LG One that were linked to my yahoo accounts by accident thinking they would remain on the master account. Now the problem is I really need these two emails. I checked my yahoo accounts on my PC and every folder but they are gone.
Surprisingly I checked the trash folder on my LG one and the emails were in there!
Only problem is the menu will only mark them as unread or delete!?! The reply and forward are greyed out. There is no option to move them or restore them. Kind of dumb as what is the point of having a trash folder if you can only read them.
I really need to forward or reply to them as they are now very important before they disappear forever. Basically I need them as proof of what someone stated.
I know it is my fault and i never should have deleted them in the first place but if anyone knows how to get them please respond.:eek:

Do you have it rooted?
My knowledge of Android is basically reduced to less than a week... but maybe with a rooting and the installation of a "internal phone memory" folder explorer app, you could try to see if you can find the directory where android stores the data and then try to get it out and decipher the format of the file, if it's a SQLite DB or XML or something that can be easily read and exported within a PC.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones