Help ReFlashing

Last Updated:

1. maylea

maylea Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

OK. I did a search in the forum and nothing showed just to get that out of the way.

I have joykrim root on my phone and custom rom. I want to try the Lighting Rom in order to fix the video camera after it was screwed by 2.1

However, the phone won't reflash. I removed the drivers and the Sprint program from my PC and reloaded and still it just sits there. I tried putting the CL14 tar back in the bin and it still just sits there.

What could be wrong? I am using the old CL14 installer just like I did when I put the root on and live wallpapers.

The phone boots up fine after I have to pull the USB cord off so nothing even transfers enough to screw up the phone. It shows the drivers as being detected and USB debug is off.

Advertisement
  2. htcman724

htcman724 Well-Known Member

ok well you dont need to use the updater to flash the rom download it put it on the sd card and install from recovery.i know he said to flash back to stock but if your going to use 2.8 you dont have to thats what i'm running and never flashed back to stock when i put it on.by the way lightning is fast and the battery lasts a long time.

3. maylea

OK. But I have joeykrim recovery on my phone and not the other. Will this cause an issue?

What is happening is I start the reflash and it just sits there with [debug] connection in the left corner. This never happened before. I would really like to know what is going on. I have reloaded and reloaded and cleaned my PC to no avail:confused:

4. edp

edp Well-Known Member

there's probably a faster and easier way to do this, but this is how i did it.

you should go here,
    http://www.sdx-downloads.com/custom/

-and only select the forcystos recovery 3.1.1.
    -then go the bottom of the page and download.
    -this should give you the zip file for the correct recovery. place that in ur sd card
    -then go into ur current recovery, zip this file, reboot
    -after you reboot, go into ur sd card, go into the sdx folder, go into the zip folder, and delete the zip file(s) you have in there.
    -then place the lightening 2.8 zip onto ur sd card, go into recovery, unzip the file

you should then have lightening 2.8. and it takes a long time to boot after you load 2.8, so give it some time

5. maylea

Yeah, I had come to the same solution. I just want to know why one day it worked fine and the next I get this issue. I am just obsessing now:rolleyes:

6. htcman724

ok first off you should NOT be using the updater to flash to lightning............ just put the 3 files on your sd card and then go to recovery (vol down+ talk +end) and flash that way.and yes if you have joey's recovery it will work fine.been running it for a few days now and have NEVER used anyother recovery.

7. maylea

I wasn't using it to flash Lightning. His instructions stated I had to flash to stock so I thought that was necessary since my phone was already modified. But I went ahead and loaded Lightning and I really like it! It is snappier both in speed and looks and my video camera is decent again!

Thanks all for the help! Like having a new phone.:D

8. htcman724

thats what i was trying to tell you in the first post.you dont need to flash to stock and you also don't need the other recovery joey's works fine.i have been on it for about 4 days now and finally had a hickup rebooted and everything is back to normal.and getting about 16 hrs out of my battery now.