1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Help regarding Google Chrome on Android

1. mm43

mm43 Well-Known Member

I had not used Chrome on my desktop PC so didn't know much about it.
    However on my nexus 7 it seems quite fast.
    But it seems very basic .... How do I organise my bookmarks alphabetically?
    Especially folders first
    Can't seem to find any help at all on the web.
    Also is there a quick way to view them all?

Advertisement
    :
  2. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor Guide

1. Well I don't know to arrange them alphabetically. They follow the arrangement I make on my desktop Chrome. If I rearrange it there, the arrangement of the bookmarks in my Tab mimics it. Conversely if you aren't using desktop Chrome, what are you using? Firefox? Opera? It may be easier to just use Firefox for Android or Opera Mobile (not mini) if you are using their PC counterparts.

2. Not exactly sure how much quicker can you get to going to the bookmarks when there's a huge "bookmarks" button at the bottom. But maybe that's for tablets only.
    mm43 likes this.
  3. mm43

mm43 Well-Known Member

Thanks.
    Can't see a huge bookmarks button on my nexus 7 lol
    Saving bookmarks to mobile bookmarks folder
    I use internet explorer 9 on my PC

I have limited downloads. So was not sure if it was a good idea to sync with chrome desktop if I downloaded it.

Is there no way at all to put chrome mobile bookmarks in order?
  4. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor Guide

Well, as you can see from the screenshot, at the bottom of the new tab page, there is a large "bookmarks" button.

[​IMG]

And well, you should use Chrome. Faster and way better than IE9
    mm43 likes this.
  5. woodsb123

woodsb123 Well-Known Member

I totally agree with what chanchan05 is saying about using the same browser on your phone that you use on your desktop pc, that way you can easily sync your bookmarks to your phone. Set everything up the way you want to on your pc as you would like to have it on your phone and then when you sync Chrome on your phone, it will download all of your bookmarks and such onto your phone the exact same way it shows on your pc. You can actually import your bookmarks and other items from Internet Explorer to Google Chrome. You do this by opening Chrome, selecting the (Options Icon) looks like 3 dashes on the top right side, from the dropdown menu select "Settings". Next, scroll all the way down until you see "Import bookmarks and settings" and click on it. Next, make sure that Internet Explorer is selected and then check each item such as History, Bookmarks/Favorites, etc., in the list that you want to copy over to Google Chrome. After this is done, you can officially start using Google Chrome on your pc & phone. Hope this helps and is not too confusing!!!!!

PS: That "Other Devices" button on chanchan05's picture above is a nice little tool also. Click on it on both your pc and phone to get a huge surprise - It's related to open tabs - that's all I'm going to say - ENJOY!!!!!!
  6. mm43

mm43 Well-Known Member

Ah so that's where it it is lol
  7. mm43

mm43 Well-Known Member

Thank you
    Will have a think about it lol Always used internet explorer. Plus got lots of favorites in it that wouldn't want cloggi g up my nexus 7